"Was that why you ran? Do you feel frustrated Honey" The way her drawled my name felt too much. I took two steps back, my back hitting a tree and there was nowhere to escape anymore.

I couldn't speak, my senses too overwhelmed as he moved to stand in front of me, too damn close, our toes touching. I could breathe in his scent and reveled at the safety and comfort it gave to me.

"Tell me why..." I found myself asking him, needing the answer right at that moment.

He leaned closer, both hands trapping either side of me. I could feel his warmth as he moved closer.

"I'll show you." He said in a voice so low that made my knees weak. I drowned at his blue eyes and suddenly I was not looking anymore. My eyes shut close, my head tilting as he pressed his lips to mine. I held in my breath, feeling the brush of his warm lips, my heartbeat sky rocketing at his primal scent and heat. For the life of me, my brain was turning mush each second and I find it harder to remember why I hate him, so before I totally forgot, I pushed at his chest, having every intention of pushing him away but they became traitors as soon as my palm pressed on his shirt, feeling the fast beat of his heart.

He broke the kiss and leaned away, looking me in the eye, drowning me slowly.

"Do you realize now?" he asked huskily.

I wanted to tell him yes and at the same time no.

"You can't give me what I want. " He added and moved away. My hand automatically shot out and grasped his arm, panic setting in.

"And Jamie can?" I asked, his harsh laughter surprised me.

"Jamie is special but I don't feel like I wanted to kill her and ravished her at the same time. "He said. The word special felt like a prick in my heart. I looked away from him, desperate to hide the pain in my eyes.

His hand cupped my face and forced me to look him in the eye. "Give everything to me. "He drawled almost too seductively I could have fall down in my knees and beg him to take me if I was any other girl but I was not and I pushed at his hands.

"Never." I hissed. "It's this stupid bond between us. I don't feel anything for you." I said harshly and forced out a laugh which came out dry and empty.

"I wasn't thinking straight. Don't mind me. Just stay away from me like you are doing now." It felt like my heart was breaking as I said the words.

I was shock as his finger swiped at my cheek and I looked at it in horror, realizing I was crying.

"You can fight it as long as you can. Defy me as much as you want but you will give in someday and I will take everything from you and leave you nothing." He promised darkly and turned away leaving me a frustrated mess. He stopped at the edge of the clearing, looking at me thoughtfully,

"Go back to the mansion. I want you and Tasha to buy clothes for Jamie. "

Another blow to my heart. I clutched my chest, cursing the bond and him for forcing me to feel something for him. I desperately tried to think of Tristan, trying to envision his blue eyes and easy smile but at the back of my eyes, all I could see was Roarke's cold blue orbs, looking at me coldly, robbing everything of me.

The car ride to the mall was silent. It had shaken me up, realizing how jealous of Jamie I had been, how I missed his presence alone, even the way his blue eyes stared at me. It made me sick too, knowing how greatly my affection to him had grown, transcending the barriers built carefully around my heart and yet I don't know what was real anymore. Was it the bond or was it me?

"So talking didn't do anything good at all." Tasha concluded when we were finally picking clothes for Jamie. I squashed away the disgust I felt for the child. She didn't deserve it after all.