fourteen

Connor's POV

"So, I couldn't sleep last night, and I just realised something." Zoe said, with wide eyes.

"What?" Joe asked, as Tyler sat up quickly and sneezed. "Bless you."

"Thank you." He muttered, rubbing his nose. "Anyway, what's up?"

"I haven't gone bowling in like five years, so I'm not so sure if I can actually still bowl." She muttered.

"Dude." Caspar stared at her.

"Yeah, I know. Not such a good idea. But I've got to leave in an hour, so it's probably too late to change plans." She sighed

"How do you know for sure that you can't bowl anymore, though?" Tyler asked.

"Because I kind of never could..?" She trailed off, quietly.

"Oh, lordy." Joe sighed. "Well, good luck, then. You're doomed."

"Wow, thanks. You're such a great brother. But seriously, what am I supposed to do?" She asked, urgently.

"I don't know. I'm not a bowling teacher." Tyler shrugged. "Looks like you're just going to have to show him how much you fail at bowling."

"No, wait. This could be a good thing." I started, as they all turned to look at me.

"In what universe could this possibly be a good thing?" Joe asked.

"If you can't bowl, deliberately fail. Don't try your best, because he'll realise you're trying but know that you suck anyway." I explained.

"Gee, thanks." She rolled her eyes.

"So, what you do is, you fail a lot, but don't make it too obvious. And he'll see that you need help and wrap his arms around you and show you how to place your hands on the ball and hold you from behind and then you'll turn around and you'll make eye contact-"

"Woah. I get the point." She laughed. "Besides, what other choice do I have?"

"You don't." I shrugged. "So you go with my idea."

She sighed. "Okay. I will "deliberately fail" and see how it goes. But if it goes downhill, I'm blaming it all on you."

"Yeah, okay, fair enough. But trust me, it'll work." I nodded.

"Okay, well, I need to get changed and stuff, so if you guys could all leave..." She gestured towards the door.

Caspar rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fine."

The four of us stood up and filed out of the door slowly.

"Are you going straight to your date after you get ready?" I asked, before I shut the door.

"Yeah, probably. I'll see you guys after, yeah?" She smiled.

"Okay, have fun." I waved, closing the door.

I turned around to face the others, who were waiting for me.

"What do you guys want to do now?" Tyler asked.

"I might go back to my room. I'm still really tired." I yawned. "You guys can hang out without me."

"Oh, okay. See you later, then." Joe nodded.

"See you guys." I grinned, walking down the corridor towards my room.

After reaching my door, I unlocked it and walked inside. I flopped onto my bed, letting out a long sigh. I felt myself drift slowly to sleep and before long, I was snoring away.

---

I was finally woken up five hours later, when my phone vibrated, and my ringtone echoed through my room.