eleven

Connor's POV

The wind whipped at my hair, making it look like I'd just stepped out of a failed, scientific experiment.

Nothing could faze me, though. I was already supposed to meet Zoe two minutes ago.

I power-walked the last 20 metres, before I turned the corner and saw Zoe with a worried look on her face.

"There you are!" She sighed, waving at me. "Why are you late?"

"I'm not that late." I rolled my eyes. "Only a couple minutes."

"A couple minutes could be the difference between Alfie thinking I'm punctual or not. He's probably already inside, getting impatient or whatever." She fretted.

"Relax, Zoe." I comforted her. "You go in there, and you show Alfie how amazing you are, okay?"

She nodded, nervously. "Okay. I'll call you if I need anything."

"Okay, cool." I smiled. "I'll just hang out around here. Don't stress out too much."

"I'll try." She bit her lip. "See you later."

"Bye. Have fun." I grinned, watching her as she walked into the cafe.

I turned around and wandered around the block. The wind was still extremely chilly and strong, making me shiver. After walking around for what seemed like ages, I managed to find a small bench to sit on. Because the bench was situated behind a tall building, I was far from the reach of the cold wind.

I looked up, and immediately felt my jaw drop.

Straight ahead of me was a small lake, with cherry blossoms surrounding it. I tried getting over the fact that I'd happened to stumble across one of the few places in the States that actually had cherry blossoms.

"How have I never been here before?" I whispered to myself, amazed by its beauty.

It was like a scene from a book. The petals from the trees were blown off and floated gracefully, before landing lightly on the surface of the lake. The petals were a beautiful, pink colour that I could've stared at all day. The lake itself was shiny and mirrored the blue sky.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I gasped, remembering I'd brought my camera along, to save myself from dying of boredom. Without a second of hesitation, I removed the case from my camera, and leaned forward.

My finger hovered over the shutter button, as I waited for the lense to focus. After I got the result I wanted, my finger lowered and I got a couple shots of the beautiful sight in front of me.

A few seconds later, I felt the presence of someone next to me, but I chose to ignore it, not wanting to mess up the position I was in. I was slightly annoyed at the fact that I had been put off and distracted, but it was a public bench, after all.

I heard a bit of rustling next to me, followed by soft humming. Sighing, I tried to concentrate on taking a couple more photos, when something struck me.

I knew the song the person was humming. It was Alessia.

Sitting up straight, I turned to face the person for the first time, which made me do a double take.

"Holy shit, Troye." I said, loudly.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"Why didn't you say anything? You scared me." I frowned.

"Sorry, I didn't want to interrupt you or anything." He explained.

"Oh." I said, simply. "Well, thanks, I guess."