four

Connor's POV

"You've got to be kidding me." I sighed.

"Two times in under one hour, Connor. It must be fate." Troye smirked.

By now, Tyler, Zoe, Joe, and Caspar had all joined me outside, clearly amused at the situation.

"Yeah, whatever. Bye." I said, starting to walk away.

I didn't get far, as Troye's hand closed around my wrist and pulled me back. I managed to steady myself, stopping before I went crashing into his chest.

Not that I would mind if I did.

Wait, what?

Actually, I would mind. I would mind it a lot.

"You okay? You look like you're in pain." Troye asked, confused.

"I am." I muttered, still not believing what was going through my head right now.

"Why? What's wrong?" He asked. As if he actually cared.

"You." I shrugged.

"Aw, nice to know you think about me." He smirked.

"Only to remind myself of the huge dick you are." I glared at him.

He opened his mouth to say something witty, before I held my hand up to stop him. "Don't say it."

"But-" He started.

"Shut the hell up." I interrupted.

He feigned hurt, putting his hand over his heart. "That's not very nice."

"Okay, well, that's great. I'm going to English now." I said, wanting to get out of the conversation.

"Cool, let's walk together." He said, standing by my side.

"What? No." I said, horrified. "I think I'm fine walking by myself, thanks."

"Don't be mean, Con." Tyler piped up. "The rest of us have that thing to do anyway, so you can walk with Troye first."

I turned to look at him, with a pleading look in my eyes. "Yeah, well, I'll go help you guys with that thing, since you were just telling me how much you needed my help. Right?"

"We don't really need your help anymore, so we'll go do the thing now and leave you guys be." He replied, with a glint in his eye. "We'll see you later. Bye."

I stared at him, clenching my jaw. "Fine. Bye."

I waved at them, as we started walking away. As soon as Troye turned away, I glared at Tyler, who was staring at me, obviously proud of himself.

"I fucking hate you." I mouthed.

He grinned and walked away.

"So, did you do the homework?" Troye asked, as we walked side-by-side back to the campus.

"No." I replied, bluntly.

"Is that it?" He asked, looking at me.

"What?" I ignored his gaze and kept looking forward.

"Just a 'no'. Is that all I get?" He asked, pouting.

"Well, what did you expect? An explanation as to why I didn't do my homework? I think I'll save it for the teacher, thanks." I stated, scornfully.

"Okay." He said, simply.

Good. The conversation was over. All I had to do was make it back to school without talk-

"Why do you hate me so much?" He asked, suddenly.

Great.

"Because you're the most conceited and pretentious asshole I've ever met." I said, as if it was really obvious.