six

Connor's POV

"I thought that you would be the hero. Come and save the day, but you're a villain. Your sins unforgiven."

I hummed along to the music that was blasting quietly from my phone. As I scrolled through my Instagram feed, I lay down onto my back.

Because I was on my free period, I had time to do whatever I wanted. The teachers encouraged us to do homework and study, but realistically, who would?

A small notification popped up, telling me that I had gotten a like on one of my photos. I clicked on it to check out what it was.

- troyesivan liked your photo

"Who the hell is Troye Sivan?" I whispered to myself, clicking on their profile.

I had a strong idea who this person was. After all, how many people called Troye spelt their name with an 'e'? My suspicions were confirmed when I immediately recognised the face that appeared in almost every post. My favourite person ever.

That's when I remembered Tyler telling me something about Troye also going by his middle name, which must have been Sivan.

After a minute of scrolling through his profile, I decided that I'd seen enough. Just as I was about to close the app, my eyes landed one of his older selfies. Unable to fight my curiosity, I clicked on it.

His hair was still the same, but his facial features all looked younger in general. His eyes were a striking, bright blue and his smile looked like it could light up the whole world, all on its own. It was the most genuine and sincere smile I had ever seen on him. Correction: It was the most genuine and sincere smile I had ever seen in my life. He actually looked like someone I could see myself being friends with. He looked... Cute and hot, somehow at the same time. As hard as it was to admit to myself, he looked like my dream guy. Beautiful, inside and out.

Now, every time he smiled, it was either to get into some random guy's pants, or because he could tick another guy off his list of guys he hadn't slept with yet.

I scrolled down a little bit further, seeing that the selfie was posted at the beginning of last year.

Funny how the Troye that I knew now was the complete opposite of the boy smiling at me through my screen. I just wish I'd gotten to know the old Troye last year, while I'd had the chance.

I sighed and closed the Instagram app, before opening Twitter. I logged into my Twitter account, which no one knew I had, apart from my closest friends. I was surprised that no one knew I had the account, seeing as my handle was just my name. Probably because people didn't see me as someone who would be into Alessia. After all, my account was more of a fan account, where I liked to tweet about Alessia and take hipster photos.

Feeling extremely bored, I opened a new tweet and began typing.

- i'm supposed to be doing homework but i'd rather jam out to @alessiacara because why not

After posting the tweet, I shut my phone and put it down next to me. I sighed and tried to relax. A few minutes later, my phone lit up and I saw a bunch of Twitter notifications pop up on my screen. I groaned and picked up my phone. I frowned, as I clicked on my notifications and noticed a bunch of tweets mentioning me. My eyes widened, as I saw the source of all the excitement.

- @connorfranta ahhh hope u don't fail because of me!! thanks though :))) love u

I felt as if my eyes were going to pop out, as my gaze drifted up to see that the tweet had been posted by the one and only, Alessia Cara.

"Oh my God." I whispered, starting to freak out.

Quickly, I retweeted and liked the tweet.

"Is this actually happening?" I asked myself, quietly.

I stared at my phone, half-expecting the tweet to suddenly disappear or turn out to be by a hoax account. But it never did.

"Oh my God. Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God." I said, as my voice got louder and louder.

I screamed into my pillow, unable to contain my excitement. I was interrupted by two loud knocks on the wall, coming from Troye's room. Perks of living next to him.

"Shut up! Whatever you're doing in there, not that I want to know, do it quieter!" He yelled through the wall.

"You shut up, Sivan!" I shouted back, not about to let him ruin my happiness.

"What are you even doing in there, I-don't-know-your-middle-name?" He asked.

"None of your business!" I called back.

"Can the both of you just shut up?" Another voice came from the other side of my room.

"No!" Troye and I shouted at the same time.

"Everyone just shush! I'm actually trying to do some work, unlike you guys." A second unfamiliar voice yelled out.

And within the next minute, every guy on our dorm level was yelling. All because Alessia Cara replied to my tweet.

---

"Hey, I heard the sky's going to be pretty clear tonight. We should go down to the park and look at the stars." Tyler said, as he sat down with his tray full of food.

Zoe nodded. "That would be fun. Let's do it."

"I'm not doing anything after my last class today, so we should just go to the park together and have a picnic before it gets dark or something." I suggested. "I mean, only if you guys are free, too."

"I've got heaps of homework from English, so I don't know if I can make the picnic, sorry." Joe pouted. "I can always just meet you guys at the park."

"Oh, okay." I said, sadly. "I'm assuming the rest of you aren't free, either then?"

They shook their heads. "We've got heaps of English homework, too." Caspar replied.

"Don't you have homework as well?" Tyler asked, frowning.

"Yeah, but Mr Dawson gave us an extra day because he was away the whole of last week." I explained. "So I'll just finish it tomorrow."

Zoe shook her head, sarcastically. "What a great time management plan you've got there."

"I know. Thanks." I nodded, shrugging.

"You should've done it in your free period today so we could all hang out tomorrow." Tyler said.

"I'll just do it after school today, when all of you are doing it." I told him. "Besides, I had other things to do during my free period today."

"Such as?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Internet stuff." I smiled, widely.

"What's gotten you so happy?" Joe asked, looking at me.

"If you must know, Alessia replied to my tweet." I grinned.

"Alessia? Tyler asked. "You mean, that girl you and Troye both like?"

"Yeah. But she's not just a girl. She's an artist." I emphasised, excitedly.

"Yeah, okay." He nodded, looking at me weirdly.

"You just don't appreciate the goddess that is Alessia enough to understand that this is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me." I slapped him, lightly.

"Not even meeting us?" He gasped, dramatically.

"Okay, fine. Second best thing." I corrected, rolling my eyes.

"That's more like it." He said, with a smile.

~~~

OMG GUYS THIS FRIDAY IM GOING TO MEET TROYE AT A CD SIGNING AND IM SO SO SO EXCITED AND IM ALSO GOING TO MEET connorstroyebles MY SWEET LITTLE CHILD IM SO FUCKING EXCITED YAYAYAYAYYAYAY

okay that's it lmao

- see you guys next chapter -