thirteen

Connor's POV

"Connor, Connor, Connor." Zoe sang, quietly.

"Yeah?" I raised my eyebrows, turning to face her.

"I don't know..." She shrugged. "I'm just happy."

"About what?" I asked, continuing to copy down the notes from the board about hyperbolic angles.

"About tomorrow." She stated, putting her pen down.

It took me a few seconds to realise what she was talking about, but when I did, my eyes widened. "Oh, your date with Alfie!"

"Yeah, I'm half nervous, half excited, half scared, half happy and half exhilarated." She gushed, with a wide grin.

I laughed. "That's a lot of halves. No wonder you're a maths tutor."

"I know, thanks. Speaking of tutoring-" She looked at me, knowingly.

"So..." I interrupted, before the conversation went downhill. "What are you going to wear?"

Zoe narrowed her eyes at me, but didn't hesitate to reply. "I don't know. Like, what is someone supposed to wear to go bowling?"

I shrugged. "I don't really... bowl much."

She sighed. "Typical."

"Just ask Tyler or something." I suggested, as Mr Green stood up to continue the lesson.

She smiled. "Yeah, okay. That's probably a good idea."

I nodded with a grin and turned back to the front, as Mr Green projected something onto the board and began letting out a string of long words that even I didn't understand.

A couple minutes later, I raised my hand and tried to get Mr Green's attention.

"Uh, sir?" I spoke up, as he turned around.

"Yes, Connor?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked, pointing at the door.

"Sure, go ahead. Just make sure you ask Zoe to catch you up if you miss anything important." He replied.

I nodded. "Okay."

I stood up and walked out of the room, dodging past chairs and desks. The hallways were all empty, as everyone else was still in class. Every noise I made echoed off the lockers and walls.

As I walked into the nearest bathroom, I noticed a figure standing in front of the mirror, fiddling with his hair.

More specifically, fiddling with his curls.

"Um, hi." I said, awkwardly.

And all of a sudden, I didn't really feel like peeing anymore.

"Hi." Troye replied.

I pretended I had just walked into the bathroom to wash my hands, hoping he would leave soon so I would be left alone. I walked up to the sink next to him, and rinsed my hands.

"So, how are you?" He asked, leaning away from the mirror and facing me.

"Good." I shrugged, turning off the tap.

"Just good?" He laughed, as I grabbed a paper towel to dry my hands.

"Yeah, why not?" Frowning, I chucked the towel in the bin next to me.

"I thought you'd be feeling much better than 'good'." He replied.

"And why would you think that?" I asked, adjusting my sweater in the mirror.