five

Connor's POV

"So, how was your walk with Troye?" Caspar asked, sitting down next to me.

I took a handful of fries off his tray. "What walk?"

"Don't even bother, Con." Tyler sighed.

I rolled my eyes. "It was just a normal walk."

"Was it really?" Caspar raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, really." I answered, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"So, you don't feel any differently about him?" He asked.

"Only that I can now properly confirm that he's a creep." I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"A beautiful creep." Tyler added.

"A not-too-shabby creep, I'll give him that. That's it." I said, glaring at him.

"'Not-too-shabby', my ass. I saw the way you were looking at him when we bumped into him outside the cafe." He grinned.

"You must have confused what you saw as a look of passionate love as a look of passionate hatred." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh yeah, easy mistake." He stated, sarcastically.

"But is there seriously nothing good you see in him?" Zoe asked, joining the conversation.

"Nothing." I shrugged.

She sighed, taking a sip from her water bottle.

"Oh, wait. There's one thing." I said, raising a finger.

She looked up, with wide eyes. "What?"

"He likes Alessia." I smiled a little, remembering our conversation about our favourite artist.

"Who?" She asked, confused.

"Alessia Cara." I frowned. "I've only been fangirling over her for the past two years."

"Oh, sorry." She laughed. "See, you two do have stuff in common."

"We literally only like the same artist. It means nothing." I raised an eyebrow.

"But, the fact that no one at this table knows who this Alicia girl is, says that this common interest between the two of you is special." Joe said, amused.

"It's Alessia. Seriously, I've been talking to you guys about her music for ages." I shook my head, pouting. "And really, it's not as 'special' as you say it is. I bet heaps of other people in this school know her." I shrugged again.

"That smile on your face says otherwise." Tyler pointed out.

"What smile?" I asked, subtly making my smile fade.

"Connor Joel Franta." Joe said, making me laugh. "The four of us know you better than anyone else. So don't think I'm kidding when I say that we will all know when something in that little heart of yours changes."

"Yeah, okay." I shook my head, chuckling. "Now, let's stop wasting our breaths on that manslut, who you guys seem to be oddly obsessed with lately. We should talk about the important things in life. Such as, you two." I said, pointing at Joe and Caspar.

"What about us?" Caspar asked.

"How are you two doing? Going strong?" I raised a fist.

"Yep. We're going out tomorrow again." Joe answered.

"That's good." I nodded. "You guys are adorable."

They grinned in sync, staring at each other.

They looked so happy.