seven

Connor's POV

"- and then I told her to stop flicking her hair so much because I didn't like the smell of her perfume. I was just trying to give her some advice and you know what she does? She starts talking about how boring my glasses are and I'm like, 'Bitch, what? My glasses have seen more dick than you.' And she didn't talk to me for the rest of the period. Probably because I was right." Tyler finished his story.

I laughed. "I'm surprised she didn't tell Mr Butler an over dramatised version of your story."

"Even if she did, Mr Butler probably wouldn't even care. I mean, Bethany's caused him so much trouble that I think even he's completely over her shit." He shrugged.

I rolled over to my right to face him. "There was this one time I was in Photography with her and she literally just walked up to my stand and took one of my lenses without asking. So I was like, 'Okay, cool. Maybe she's just trying to be friendly in her own way and she's trying to say that we should share stuff more often.' So later in the period, I went up to her and took my lens, let me repeat - my lens, and she just snatched them back and was like, 'Excuse me? Did you ask?' And I just, I'm so done with her."

I heard Joe laugh from the other side of the picnic rug. "She's so annoying. There was this other time-"

"Oh my God, this girl. I feel like all of us have at least one story of one time she's annoyed us." Tyler interrupted, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, I know." Joe agreed. "Anyway, one day, I was walking to find you guys at lunch, and she came up to me, and started getting all up in my face about some project she was doing in Sociology or something. And then, obviously because I'm not in her class, I just stared at her and didn't answer. So she was like, 'Why aren't you answering me? That's so rude.' So I told her I wasn't in her class and she was like, 'Maybe you should've told me that before I wasted my time telling you all that.' Like come on, you're the one who can't seem to stop the constant yapping that's coming from your mouth."

Caspar, who was on the other side of Joe, shook his head. "I also have an annoying Bethany story, but I think I'll save us all the frustration."

"Good idea." I agreed. "And to think I've got Photography with her first tomorrow."

"Lucky you." Zoe teased. "And we've got our tutoring meetup after school tomorrow, too."

"Oh yeah, I nearly forgot." I laughed.

"Wow, Con. Great start." Even though it was dark, I could practically see her rolling her eyes.

"I know. Thanks." I replied, sarcastically.

"Wait. What tutoring meetup?" Tyler asked, confused.

"Mr Green put Connor and me down as tutors and we're meeting our tutees tomorrow." Zoe explained.

"Woah, smart asses." He shook his head. "Do you know who you guys have got?"

"Not yet." I answered. "Apparently they know who we are, but we don't."

"Why not?" Joe frowned.

"Something to do with not wanting us to judge the person before we get to know them. Being open-minded, stuff like that." I shrugged.

"Oh, okay." He nodded.

"Did anyone bring any food?" I asked, sitting up.

"I brought some chips. It's all I had." Caspar said, reaching into his bag.

"No pizza? That's surprising." Joe raised his eyebrows.

"No, of course not. Who do you think I am?" He grinned.