Chapter 50

-???'s POV-
I was sitting doing paperwork at my desk when a sudden pain ripped through my gut and side.

I cried out and fell out of my chair.

The pain was unbearable, and it wouldn't stop.

A tall woman came running into my room, and collected me in her arms.

She took me downstairs to another room, where I was handed to a medical staff.

"What happened?!"

"I don't know!" The woman panicked.

Meanwhile, the pain got worse, and I started to hyperventilate.

"He's going into shock! Get the shock kit, Hanna. Vinny take him to the bed while I try to calm the maid down."

Another man came over and carried me to across the room, setting me on a soft bed. He covered my legs and waist with a blanket, and I curled on my good side and tried not to scream as the pain got worse.

"What do we do? There's no wound and he's healthy. What's even wrong?"

"The maid only heard him hit the floor and came in to him on the floor. She doesn't know."

"Can you try and tell us what's wrong?"

I couldn't answer. The pain took most my energy. I had to keep from screaming so much, my head hurt. I felt weak, and anxious at the same time.

"What's wrong?"

Another wave hit me, and I grabbed my side in agony.

They were confused. I was confused. What was this pain?

I tried to stay awake at this point, but I was failing. I kept going in and out of consciousness. I could see medical staff trying to help, but they didn't know how.

My distress held for several minutes, then dulled. It still hurt terribly, but it was dull enough that I could sit there without screaming.

I knew medical staff was scattered in the room, all watching as I tried to sit up, but failed.

It hurt enough that I couldn't do that. So I rolled over on the bed and looked at them.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know. It still really hurts."

"What did it feel like?"

"Like I got stabbed in the side and the knife was left there."

"I wonder... Why would it feel like that? What feels like that? Cramps of the stomach and or muscles?"

"Those aren't this bad. He could've died. He almost did."

"We'll figure it out, okay? Okay."

~~+~~+~~+~~+~~
-Preston's POV-
Mitch cradled my head, trying desperately to revive me more, but I felt too weak. Mitch told me I had lost a lot of blood, and that Jerome was finding a first aid kit.

Though frankly, I do not think Jerome knows what a first aid kit looks like.

The pain in my side had dulled a few minutes ago, and got no better, but also no worse. It kept me immobilized on the floor.

I could barely remember what had happened, and Mitcc told me I had gone into shock, but once he had pulled a knife out of my side, and put pressure on the wound, I had revived enough.

I was still loosing blood, but it was not as bad as when he initially pulled out the knife.

Finally, Jerome returned, carrying a small red box with a white plus symbol on the front.

Mitch quickly but carefully wrapped my wound, and started to carry me out of the building.

Brice stood in the way. He was stood in the middle of the doorway, head down, unmoving.

"You aren't leaving with him."

"and why's that?"

"Because you aren't getting past me."

"Are you sure about that?" Mitch asked.

Jerome growled and tensed up.

"Yes. You aren't leaving here with the creeper."

"We'll see."