Chapter 31

-LP's POV-

I never knew he thought so highly of me. After he had been so rude, I did not know what to think of him. And now hearing him spill his feelings to Seto was like seeing a side of Rob I did not know existed.

"Seto, I just wanna talk to him. I want him to understand I didn't mean to hurt him. I need him to understand that I just wanted him to be happy, but couldn't tell him correctly. I screwed up."

I sat up, catching his eye.

"Apology accepted. I understand completely."

Seto smiled. Rob let a tear slide down his face.

"You and I may have gotten off on the wrong foot, and your behavior needs work, but I can understand you meant no harm."

"How much did you hear?"

"Enough. But Rob, I know what you are talking about, and I do not know how to think about this either. Steps will be slow, but we will come to a conclusion soon enough. Between the two of us, mind you. I am not one for crowded rooms, or crowds in general."

"But Jerome-"

"Will have to deal with it. This is my decision. I can make those, you know. He is simply trying to protect me. I am considered too young to him, and without my mother, I had no one to help. He is just filling that place left by my mother. Jerome will have no quarrel if it is my choice."

"Thanks."

"Not a problem. But keep your behavior in check around him. He will still be very wary of you in his meadow. His sister more so."

"Sister?"

"The omega was returned to the pack because she nearly killed the humans who enslaved her. The alpha now has an omega to balance."

He turned to Seto, "English translation?"

"Jerome's got someone to lean on so he's not alone. And it so happens to be his sister."

"Oh. Neat."

"She is ruthless if you get on her bad side, so do not do anything to anger her. Do not even try."

He nodded, concern evident in his expression.

"I appreciate you letting me rest here, Seto. But next time, please let me stay closer to the ground. No higher than 5 feet please. And Rob, if you want to come with me, go right ahead. I will not stop you, okay?"

He nodded.

"I will head home then. Take care!" I shouted over my shoulder as I left, watching my feet carefully as to not fall to my death a hundred feet below. Rob followed me to the meadow edge, then balked at the border.

"Robert, remember. My decision. No quarrel. Follow me now. And keep close just in case."

"I know it's just that I'm afraid he's gonna rip me apart..."

"You have nothing to worry about. I can relax Jerome. No problems, alright?"

A growl rose behind Rob, and I spun to find Jerome.

Under his breath, I heard Rob mutter, "Dear god..."

"Jerome, NO," I commanded sternly, "Leave him alone."

He stared at me like I was from Jupiter and asked, "Excuse me?"