Chapter 1

Authors note: Hey guys! I'm new too watt pad so any comments would be greatly appreciated. Btw I am not the best with grammar so please ignore any you see. Oh and please do not copy this story!

Chapter 1:
Oh God No

The white flakes of winter fell softly to the frost bitten ground as I stared longingly out my one cracked attic window. My hand pressed against the thin glass, feeling the cold bite at my fingers and down to my palm. The inexplicable feeling to travel far away from the horrors of this life like most heroins of a story filled me from top to bottom. Except, I am no heroine at least maybe not yet. I definitely had many reasons to leave just nowhere too go. The reflexion staring back at me felt alien as almost as if it did not belong to me and I had took the body of someone else. Long raven black hair framed a porcelain face, small pink lips, ice blue eyes, sharp pointy canines, a white scar wrapping around my forehead, and so many freckles I couldn't count. Pulling my grey sweater farther down around my tall body, I walked away from the window that defeated the purpose of keeping the cold out and sat back down to work at the old splintered ridden desk. School work had been keeping me locked up at home and my wolf is not happy with all the sitting. She has wanted to run for months now, but I keep having to push it off therefore upsetting her. What people call a family I call a foreign subject that has never once applied to me. The people I live with now see me as a failure and often pile me with their house chores. Unbeknownst to them, I am a werewolf so it gives me an advantage. Although, due to certain circumstances that will be know later I hide that I can rip there evil beating hearts out if they even touched me the wrong way. After about two solid hours of nonstop studying I finish my work. Turning off the one light I had, pulling my old pajamas on, and tugging the frayed blankets back I crawled onto a rock hard mattress to sleep. It was two in the morning when I woke up from a nightmare. Rose, my lovely friend, would be sleeping in her bed next door, so I couldn't talk to her. Rose was the only one who knew I was a wolf and happened to be the only person I would actually admit to liking. Whipping the perspiration from my forehead, I tried to roll over hoping a new angle would dissipate it. Thats when I saw a pair of bright green eyes haunted my dreams. A deep husky voice followed the eyes but said a word that scared me to death, mate. Waking up to my alarm, I knew with great dread that I would find my mate today. Every girl dreams about her mate, but I am probably the only one that dreads having one. That means I will be tied down to him and can never live independently even if I reject him it means harboring guilt for the rest of my life. The more I thought about it the more I hated the idea. With everything going on in my life a mate is the last thing I need. For the day, I picked out black skinny pants, a white sweater, and combat boots. After running a hand through my hair, I grabbed my backpack and headed for the door.
"And where do you think you're going?" the screeching voice of Miss. Bromly yelled after my retreating back. Halting with my hand on the door knob, I mumbled a "Running away from your saggy ass." She pulled me from the door and grabbed my face with her pudgy hand.
"What was that missy? You know you have to make breakfast for the family before you leave. I was gracious enough to house you and you can't even manage a simple repayment." She dragged me by the face all the way to the kitchen, stripped my backpack off my shoulder, and through the apron at me. "Now get to work!" I pulled the apron tight around my waist and pulled out ingredients for eggs, sausage, bacon, and toast. Some how I managed to make breakfast, set the table, receive an approving grimace from Miss. Bromly, and a grab a slice of toast with a piece of bacon before heading out to school.

............................................................................................................................................................................................................
When North Star High school came into view, my body was already freezing after the walk in the snow. I did not have the luxury of owning a single jacket, so I was forced to freeze myself. Opening the big wooden double doors, heat flooded my body as I made my way through the cramped halls to my locker. After gathering my things, I found my way to chemistry and even though this was my favorite subject, I could not avoid the popular girls. They hated me for my inherit beauty and agility.
" Look who decided to show up! Mrs. creep has graced us with her presence," Brittany taunted.
"Look who's talking," I jeered back. She gapped at me for talking back. I usually never say anything but she was just too annoying today to deal with. Without another word she flung her pampered clawed nails at my head, but I dodged it easily. As her hand passed my head, my fist shot up and pulled her shirt up lifting her off the ground. My gripped tightened on her and swayed her back and forth as she clawed at my hand whimpering. That would leave a nice reminder for her. Putting her down kind of gently, Brittany started cursing words, spewing lies about me, and getting right up in my face so much so that I wanted to fling her across the room.
"Stop this nonsense this instance!" Mr. Anderson had walked into the room seeing us. " Mrs. Stouch go to the office this instance. Mrs. Wood please take a seat." I smirked at Brittany as I found my way to the back of the class. Taking my usual seat, I opened up my notebook and stared at the board. Brittany left with a huff and sent daggers in my direction with her eyes. That was when the most delicious smell hit my senses. My head turned toward the door as the hottest guy I have seen walked into the room. His shaggy brown hair reached just above his green eyes and he had a healthy body not to fit not overweight. A grey flannel t-shirt hugged his chest making my heart skip a beat. He was perfect in every way possible and I knew he was my mate. No, no, not now not ever. Stop this right now hormones and pretend he is ugly! Please the last thing I need is this! Our eyes locked and my wolf howled in pleasure. I forced myself to look down not wanting to get too attached to this guy. I don't even know him!
"Class this is your new student, Mason Reed. He has transferred from Poland to come here," Mr. Anderson introduced my mate. Mason...Mason.. oh Mason. That was a really pretty name. What am I thinking!? I can't have a mate now! There was an empty seat to my right and I started to panic. No he can't sit there he must find a desk back in Poland and away from me. Apparently he didn't understand this cause he walked right toward the desk and sat down. I turned my head away trying to focus on something else. Outside the snow was falling so fast I could not keep up. A blizzard had started and I tried my best to focus on the wonder of winter. I felt a poke in my side and I instinctively turned to face Mason. He was smiling at me and I could not resist to smile back.
"I love your smile, it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen," Mason's voice was deep and husky. My heart was beating crazily in my chest. He placed a crumpled piece of paper on my desk and focused on Mr. Anderson's lesson. I unfolded the piece of paper and read his note.
"Meet me after class babe, we need to talk"
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................