Menacingly

Toby POV

I closed the now unpacked suitcase and slid it underneath the bed. Our time in the lake house had been cut short when it had began to snow reminding us all that Christmas was just around the corner. We had ended up staying two nights instead of the full week. "I have the information you wanted on Charles Dilaurentis." Caleb said. Moments before Spencer had arrived at the house before our trip I had been talking to Caleb about Charles, a name I have been hearing her say repeatedly while she slept. The thing that had through me off was Dilaurentis.

"Lets talk in my office." I murmured. Spencer and Hanna were in the closet at this exact moment figuring out what Spencer would wear for the Christmas Eve ball although Hanna would end up dragging her shopping in the end. We walked down to my office and I closed the door behind myself. "Can you elaborate?" I then continued. He nodded,"Charles and Jason are twins, they were both born in Radley by a patient named Mary Drake but were given to her sister Jessica Dilaurentis for safety reasons," he began. "Peter had signed to be the biological father of Jason but when it came to Charles he refused, it's all inside of this newspaper that went unpublished. . . apparently before it could get out the writer had passed out from a heart attack."

"Is that all there is to the story?" I asked Caleb and he shook his head before continuing to go deeper inside of the article. "Peter hadn't stopped there, he had got into an argument and needed to blow off some steam, Veronica wasn't around so he went to his next door neighbor Jessica Dilaurentis who eagerly gave in creating a beautiful baby girl by the name of Alison Hastings whose name was then changed to Alison Dilaurentis." he quoted. I had to admit that this was a lot of news to take in. "Alison, Melissa, Spencer, Jason, and Charles Hastings." saying it out loud it sounded a bit foreign for my liking. "Is there anywhere we could find Charles?" I asked.

"Yes," Caleb said his voice shaking with a bit of surprise added as he high lighted a location in his computer. "Rosewood Cemetery. . . he was found dead on the side of a high way not far from where Wilden was killed." I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose. "I think that if we truly want to gather information about Charles we need to talk to Jason- I mean that is the name he used when he came back he surely had to have known the history behind it." Caleb gave me an uncertain look,"the day we left I was on the phone with Hanna and she asked Spencer if anything was going on and Spencer responded that she thought she saw Jason but I had just talked face to face with Jason, I felt it was odd so I decided to not bring it up."

"Jason is who we need to talk to about this, Charles is the name he used when he came back so he had to have known the history behind it." the door flew open slowly walking in. "Did we interrupt something?" Spencer asked me. Caleb didn't try hiding what was on his computer so I knew that he didn't care about them knowing. On the other hand I was worried that the girls would end up inside of another dollhouse. I highly doubted that A would mess up again. "What do you know about Charles?" Caleb asked out of the blue. I inhaled watching as her eyes narrowed confusingly. "I don't want to talk about him."
"It can be helpful information." he told her. She looked to me for help and I sighed at how weak I felt gazing into her fearful eyes. "It's getting late you guys should probably go, I'll call you tomorrow." I said to Caleb.

He looked at his watch and froze. "Dad is going to kill me I was suppose to be there two hours ago, we'll be back tomorrow morning." he grabbed Hanna's hand and the two walked out. Spencer bit her bottom lip to hold in her tears. "You don't need to-"
"Charles and I first met when I was four and he told me not to tell that I saw him, that two can keep a secret if one of them is dead and at The Brew if it wasn't Jason it had to have been him."

I shook my head,"That's not possible Charles is dead." she placed her hands over her face and turned away from me. I could see by her shaking shoulders she was crying and moved. I switched her hair over to the opposite side and kissed her neck softly. "What if he faked his death?" she asked. "I don't know what I did to deserve any of this."

"We're putting everything behind us," I decided. "I think that everyone is just paranoid and it's because we don't want a repeat but there will be no repeat, nothing has come up and maybe Alison was A because when she died everything stopped."

"But she helped us out." Spencer reminded me, looking down at the ground. "She could have been leading you into another trap because she was angry that your father accepted you and not her." I stopped after realizing what I said.

She nodded,"It's fine we heard everything from the other side of the door." sighing I turned her around and easily lifted her onto my waist, looking up at the beauty who met my gaze. "I want to show you something." I smiled before walking out of the office. I took us out to the garden and walked behind a bush that took me to a place I haven't visited a long time. I sat her down and she looked around at the sight. "This is beautiful." she murmured. I smiled softly at her.

"Your not the first person I've brought here but your the only person I will allow to enter," she admired every bit of the scenery, every time she twirled to take in more her dress would flow with the wind

"Your not the first person I've brought here but your the only person I will allow to enter," she admired every bit of the scenery, every time she twirled to take in more her dress would flow with the wind. For the most part everything had been covered up in snow but she saw through it. "Emily and I would talk for hours on end here."
"She said she didn't know where you and Alison would disappear off to." Spencer said. I shrugged,"I never showed her how I got here." it wasnt like I blinded her but on the way she didn't tale in the details enough to memorize.

"Let's go before the storm hits," Spencer suggested. "We can watch my favorite Christmas movies."
"The Santa Clause series?" I asked remembering the only thing she wanted to watch when we were younger. It annoyed me back then but now I could laugh at the memories, I just wished that she could laugh along with me. She zoned out for a minute and I snapped my fingers in front of her face. She shook her thoughts away,"Sorry I was just thinking."

I followed her to the house and we split up as she selected the movie inside of the living room while I made the popcorn and hot cocoa once again remembering to add extra marshmallows inside of her drink. When I walked inside of the living room sat the tray down onto the table and knelled in front of Spencer. "Why are you crying?" I asked confusingly. "Is it something I did?"
"I-I remember you from my
p-past."