Menacingly

Regret: feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over (something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or missed opportunity).

That was what washed over me as Toby sat me down onto the bed, knelling in front of me to slowly remove my shoe.

My heart ached inside of my chest as I seen the hurt in his eyes the moment I assumed that he didn't trust me.

Confidence: the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust.

Over the years my confidence had dropped. I never accomplished it and I never fathomed that I would until today- although it hadn't lasted for very long.

The ice pack being placed on my already bruised ankle had broke me out of my thoughts and I glanced downward to get a better look at Toby.

He also seemed to be in deep thought, almost as if he was deviating with himself, struggling in his mind.

Hesitantly, I placed a finger under his chin forcing him to look up at me. Moving in slowly I paused before completely locking my lips with his.

He hadn't responded but he didn't push away either. Just as I prepared to pull away, his lips crashed onto mine ever harder.

His fingers dug into my sides hard and I was sure that it would bruise but I didn't mind one bit.

He pulled away making his way down to my neck. I bit my bottom lip as my breathing had picked up.

"A-Are you m-mad at me?" I managed to ask. He paused then looked into my eyes.
"Remember what I told you yesterday?" he asked me.

As I was talking to Emily her smile widened and she excused herself from the pool.

Strong arms wrapped around my waist and I turned to come face to face with Toby.
"Hello princess." he smirked.

I blushed at the name, planting my hands firmly on my chest to keep this amount of distance.

"Are you seriously not mad about me not telling you sooner?" I asked frowning up a bit. He nodded his head-

"I could never be mad at you," he said breaking me from my thoughts. "If anything I was just angry about the way I reacted. . ." he chuckled. "Me, Toby Cavanaugh jealous of a no name."

"But I jumped to conclusions- you have every right to be mad don't you?"

"Yes I do but I am not- I made it seem like that." he frowned, the bed shifting due to the added weight. He pulled me onto his lap as if I was a little kid and whisperer huskily,"I trust you babe."

Holding back the urge to roll my eyes I nodded turning to face him once again. "I was wondering," I paused. "My father and Dean seem to have let this go and I know that they would never let anything like this go."

Toby raised an eyebrow. "What are you saying?" he asked. I shrugged. "I can't put all the pieces together but with the pieces I do have it doesn't seem to good for me, or most importantly you."

I whispered out the last word like it pained me to say it. His eyes showed no emotion as I said this.
"What do you mean?" he asked placing the ice pack to my ankle once again.

Sighing I answered,"I told you that if my father ever knew I told you then he would hurt you right?" I asked trying to recall the moment. He nodded his head imperceptibly. "Well I'm positive he knows- he must have known before I even told you because your so possessive of me-"

"Over protective." he chuckles sending a shiver down my spine. I nodded slowly. I guess that works too.

"If we had no protection I wouldn't have brought you here and besides," he paused, a smirk claiming his face. "I know how to handle myself."

Once again I shivered.

Toby rose from the bed, bringing me along with him then laid me down on a soft- fluffy pillow, using the other one for my foot.

"What about your pillow?" I asked as perplexion took place. "You tend to sleep on my chest more than the actual pillow- I'll be fine." he informed me.

A genuine smile covered my face by the way he looked at me. It was almost loving.
Your being ridiculous- why would Toby Cavanaugh the owner of a huge company- the man that has girls stumbling over him with just the slightest stare loved you. . . Don't get too attached because we both know that in the end he'll leave you just like-

"Okay." I mumbled cutting my conscience off. Toby gave me a confused look but I just shrugged it off.

"I'm going to order us some food and your going to actually eat-" the reasoning behind him saying this went unknown considering I had began eating more than I would usually. "Is there anything specific you want?"

I took time to think about it when I realized something. "I don't know the menu out here."
Obviously he hadn't thought about it either as he dumb- slapped himself.

"I'll just order one of everything." he muttered picking up the room phone. I grabbed my phone finally checking the message that Lucas had sent me.

Did you land safely? I know I'm bugging you but I just want to make sure everything went alright.-Luke

After reading the message I prepared to answer but just then I had received another that read:

It's been a long time since you've seen one of these. You will pay for what you did one way or another, Au revoir pour le moment. -Blocked

My heart that was once beating in my chest had made its way down to the pit of my stomach.

My phone was snatched out of my hand and Toby began reading the message out loud.

"Good bye for now?" Toby asked, repeating the ending over and over. "Someone is most definitely working on the inside."

I sighed.

"How could you be so sure?" I asked, my voice coming out raspy.
"Hanna, Caleb, Aria, Ezra, Emily, Alec, Jace and Lucas are the only ones who knows so it all goes down to the eight." he admitted silently.

"I've known Emily for too long to know that she wouldn't do something like this so actually that makes seven." he continued, placing my phone down on the bed.

"I've known Luke long enough to know that he wouldn't do this either." I admitted. Toby cocked his head slightly. "Luke?" he asked me, his eye brow raising in curiosity. Laying down next to me wrapping an arm around my waist to pull me closer. Proving the point he had made earlier I had laid my head down on his chest dropping my arm over his strong chest.

"I'll figure everything out as soon as I can. . . I know your scared but I won't let anything happen to you do you hear me?"

That's what I was afraid to hear. If something was to happen to Toby I some know what I would do. Nothing good was going to come from hike getting involved.

I'm sure we both know it.