Menacingly

Silence.

That was all we needed to complete this night. All of us were gathered around the fire roasting marshmallows and enjoying the feeling of being together.

My eyes had grown heavy but I didnt want this night to end. This is the first time I have ever experienced this feeling, the feeling of being a part of something bigger than yourself.

I intertwined my fingers with Toby's and he inhaled a serene deep breath. "I think its time to call it a night." he spoke softly, loud enough for everyone to hear.

We all nodded in agreement and stood up. A towel fell around my shoulders then I was guided inside of the house.
"Toby?" I asked. He grunted letting me know he was listening but he sounded a bit distant.
"I think I'm going to sleep in my room tonight."

He nodded his head though I could tell that he was upset. We stopped in front of my door and I waited for him to say something. He did after a while. "What do you want to do tomorrow?"

"Nothing."

My answer was plain and simple with a hint of a painful impression. I knew that he would want to do something for me but that was honestly the last thing I wanted.

"I'm not going to allow you to do nothing on a very important day in your life," he speaks in a rough voice. "Have you ever been to Paris?"

My eyes widened,"I am not letting you take me to Paris for my birthday."

"Please?"

I could see the pleading in his eyes, it was something that I have never seen before and that's why I caved in with a sigh.
"Thank you," he pecks me on the forehead. "I have a huge surprise for you when we get out there."

Curiosity crept inside of me. Before I could ask any questions Toby had disappeared into his room. Sighing, I went inside of my room and took my usual twenty- minute shower.

When I got out there was a new set of pajamas sitting on the counter with a note on it.

Good night. -Toby

I dried myself, put on my under garments, then slipped the pajamas on. The top was a black tank top with hot pink thread, and the bottoms were were hot pink shorts.

Since it was only sleep wear I didn't mind. Walking out of the bathroom, I climbed into bed and immediately fell asleep once my head hit the pillow.

I hadn't bothered to turn off the light. Sometimes I slept with it on because it made me feel safe. Toby made me feel safe as well but for some unknown reason I just wanted to be alone tonight.

Honestly, I expected him to disprove of my decision but there were no questions asked. He simply gave me what I wanted which was space just for me to learn in the end that space was not what I wanted at all.

When I woke up the next morning the first thing I did was brush my teeth before exiting the room. I walked into Toby's room expecting him to be up by now but he was all wrapped up in his blanket snoring away.

The soft carpet prevented me from making any noise. "Toby?" I asked shaking him lightly. His eyes fluttered open then closed again as he turned the other way. I began shaking him roughly but he didn't budge.

I climbed on his bed straddling his butt as I began to rub his back. He groaned,"that feels amazing, go down."

I obeyed his command but freeze once his groans began to increase in volume.
"You make it sound sexual." I comment as I move to sit down next him.

He chuckles then gets up, vanishing into the bathroom. He emerges moments later brushing a hand through his hair.
"Spencer it's ten o'clock why are you still in bed?" he asked and I grabbed a pillow throwing it at him.

He chuckled then leaned over claiming my lips, softly biting my bottom lip. "Happy birthday." he murmured wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Thanks. . . for everything."

The words came out in muffles as I buried my head into the crook of his neck taking in his scent.

"Your welcome," he replied. I could hear the smile in his voice as he said this and that was enough to make me smile as well. "Now go pack we leave after breakfast, there's a suitcase under your bed."

"How long are we going to be there?"

He cocked his head to the side,"If everything goes as planned then I would say a week."

My thoughts had began to roam once again. Why Paris? We could have done something simple.
"I don't want to be simple, simple is boring." Toby frowned.

Realizing that I had actually spoke my thoughts I excused myself then walked into my room pulling the royal blue suitcase from under the bed.

Thanks to my thoughts, I hadn't finished until an hour later. I had packed everything that I would need while away.

I had also changed into a light pair of ripped jeans, a white V- neck, and all white converse. As usual I left my hair the way it was. It was still wavy since I hadn't blow dried it last night.

My room door opened and I was surprised to see who it was. "Lucas," I said awkwardly. "I wasn't expecting you."

"I just came to get your suitcase and you don't have to worry about what happened over the phone everything is fine." he says his smile almost imperceptible.

I sighed in relief. "You honestly have no idea how sorry I am, I was really looking forward to going with you."

He nodded and once again it was almost imperceptible. "I may have came off in a jealous manner," he paused. "I was actually just glad to have a friend that was. . . different."

"Why does everyone assume that I'm different?"

"It's not an assumption and its not a bad thing, you being different is what we need- its what Toby needs- has he told you about Alison?" Lucas asked. I shook my head,"he hasn't brought her up but Emily told me a few things about her."

"So I'm sure she's told you that Alison was a bitch," I shook my head. "Well she was, she walked around as if she owned this place and whenever she want catered to she always had something to hold against us threatening our job. She didn't care about the sob story she only cared about herself she was very egotistic."

I frowned at what he had just told me. "Have you ever considered that she was just confident?" I asked. He nodded in affirmation as he rolled my suitcase out,. "I've considered it but there's a big difference between being confident and being egotistic."

I couldn't argue with that.

"Well I have to get this suitcase to the private jet, have a great birthday and stay safe." he smiles. I smile back then we separate.

Walking into the kitchen I was amazed by the sight. The table was set with chocolate chip pancakes, orange juice, toast, strawberries, and in the middle there was a free velvet cake on a platter.

Best of all Hanna, Caleb, Emily, Ezra, Aria, and Toby were all patiently waiting for me.
Tons of emotions had flooded through me in this moment, there was no words.

All I could do was smile, I hadn't noticed the tear slid down my cheek until I was the center of a group hug.

"See," Toby chuckled. "Everyone loves you."