Menacingly

I re-read the note over a few times but the hand writing was unrecognizable. A knock sounded on the door and I quickly crumbled up the piece of paper.

"Come in," I said, only to turn around and see that he had already entered the room and he was looking me up and down. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing," he smirked coming closer to me. His hands sat on my waist and as an instinct I wrapped my arms around his neck. "You just look sexy in my shirt."

"Toby?"

"What is it?" he asked, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.
"Did you come in here when I was showering?" I asked. A part of me was still curious about the note and how it could have gotten here so quickly, I hadn't been in the shower for that long.

By the perplexed look on his face I began to worry and tears prickled in the corner of my eyes. I walked away from him and went to sit on the bed.

"No, why- what's wrong?"

I extended my hand out for him to grab the crumbled up piece of paper. He grabbed it and began reading what it said. Knelling down in front of me he brushed away a tear that betrayed my wishes.
"This could have been one of my servants messing with you- I'll take care of it first thing tomorrow morning." he assured me, now standing up.

"Let's go watch our movie and I'll give you a massage since your so tense." he told me. I followed him into his room and I had to admit; I was beyond amazed.

The floor was a red velvet color, there was a flat screen that took up a whole wall, a comfortable king sized bed, etc.
"This is amazing." I admitted, climbing in bed next to Toby.

His smirk grew wider making me regret the compliment. I rolled my eyes, this guy's ego must be huge.

He patted a spot in between his legs and I moved so I was where he wanted me to be. He brought his hands up to my shoulder and began giving me a massage just like he promised he would.

"I noticed that you were tense but this is unbelievable." he told me. I sighed letting my eyes close shut.
"I've been through a lot." I admitted.

"Tell me something about yourself." he told me. I shook my head,"I'm not an interesting person and everything about me is. . . depressing in some way or another."

"I don't judge."

I sighed, moving from in between his legs to the spot next to him. Toby shut the TV off as I turned on my side so I was now facing the balcony, where the only light received came in from the moon.

"When I was little. . . I use to sit locked in my room all alone blaming myself for the murder of my brother who was eleven and sister who was nine. My mom would always tell me that it wasn't my fault but I never believed her because others told me other wise." I explained wiping away a tear.

"You don't honestly think that, that was your fault do you?" he asked tenderly.
I closed my eyes as more and more tears started falling.

"I watched it happen and I just sat there Toby- I sat there." I cried. Toby pulled me into his chest saying nothing, just stroking my hair to calm me down. I took deep breaths then let sleep claim me at last.

I strictly remember my mom telling me no matter what to not leave the room.
I heard a smash and I ran to the door opening it to see my father holding my older brother against the wall.

"Jason!" my older sister Melissa yelled running over to my father. Jason reached out for little 4 year old me as my father back slapped me and he mouthed the word 'mom' but I stood there crying.

Soon he stopped reaching out for me, his body falling flat on the ground. Melissa crawled towards Jason but my father kicked her. The impact making her launch. She hit the ground just as fast as Jason had.

The monster then turned to me and started coming closer. I went inside the room slamming the door shut not thinking to lock it and he walked in cracking his knuckles.
"Your not getting off the hook." he said raising his hand at me.

"Stop!" I yelled, my eyes popping open.
"Spencer calm down it was just a dream." Toby said, leaning up on his forearm so that he was looking down at me.
"Sorry- this happens a lot." I said slowly laying down on Toby's chest once his head had fell against the pillows once more.

"It's fine," he assured me while yawning. "Go back to sleep its only two in the morning."
I closed my eyes concentrating on the soothing hand that was tangled in my long brunette hair.
"Toby?" I asked softly, thinking that he might be sleep. He made a humming noise telling me that he was listening. "Thanks for letting me sleep in here tonight."

"Anytime." he mumbled. I fell back to sleep and thankfully it was more peaceful than the last few times.

The next morning when I woke up I was in bed alone.
"Hello Mrs. Hastings," someone said making me jump and move away from the voice. "I am Dean your body guard and I have been hired by Mr. Cavanaugh to make sure that you are protected at all times." he informed me indifferently.

I sat up rubbing my eyes while yawning. I had a splitting head ache and to top that off I hardly felt comfortable when my body guard was glaring daggers at me.
"Where did he go?" I asked. Dean groaned then motioned for me to turn me head to the write. On the dresser there was a phone and a sticky note attached.

"Clothes, toothbrush, and deodorant are all in the bathroom- I will be waiting outside of the room door; your already an hour late to work so Mr. Cavanaugh most likely will not be pleased once we arrive blah blah blah hurry up." Dean said on his way to the door, slamming it shut behind him. I grabbed the phone, pulling the sticky note off.

My number is already installed inside of the phone, be at work by 7:30, I'll see you later.-T

I looked over at the time and groaned putting my head down in the plan of my hands. The clock read, 8:37 and I wasn't even half way dressed.

Getting out of bed, I walked into the bathroom and began getting dressed when there was a knock on the bathroom door.

Putting my jacket on I opened the door and there was a beautiful girl standing there with curly blonde hair that stopped just above her shoulders, blue eyes, and she arguing with someone on the phone.

"Hello?" I said, the word spilling out as if it was meant to be a question.
The girl hung up the phone in the middle of the argument and turned to smile at me.

"Sorry about that, boyfriend problems," she said. I nodded in understanding though I understood nothing about relationships considering I have never been in a relationship. "I'm Hanna."

"Spencer." I replied offering an unsure smile. Hanna's phone starting ringing but she declined the call.

"I wanted to meet you sooner but all of the servants weren't really around last night."

"You work here?"

"Yes, I'm one maid out of three," she replied. "The others are Emily and Aria, I know that its against the rules to talk to you but-"
"What do you mean against the rules?" I asked.

"Servants aren't aloud to talk to anyone who has a higher status." she told me. I shook my head in confusion.
"Who would make up such a dumb rule?" I asked walking out of the bathroom.

Grabbing my phone I slipped it into my back pocket then turned back to Hanna.

"Mr. Cavanaugh." she frowned.