Menacingly

Spencer POV

"It's been a while since we've all just sat together and talked but I have to go soon." Aria admitted and we all nodded our heads in agreement with the exception of Hanna who was engrossed in Kayden. "I just think that being trapped inside of the dollhouse we wanted to forget and that meant spending time away from each other." Emily stated. What she had said was exactly why I hadn't kept in touch lately. I grabbed my coffee off of the table and took a sip,"Even if forgetting was the case I can't stop thinking about Alison." I added. "I hate to admit it but if it weren't for her then we would all be dead."

The Alison that I had seen in our life or death situation wasn't the Alison the rumors had claimed her to be. "I dont understand how she didn't make it out alive." Emily mentioned, playing with the edge of her phone case. "I've wondered that as well and none of us heard her scream for help." Hanna snorted. "Are you assuming that she actually made it out alive?" she asked. "A few days ago it was on the news that they've found her body, she's gone and we finally have a chance to live our life."

I rolled eyes, her response do the situation had came out more harsh then I think she had planned. Aria stood up from the couch,"I should head out now." she said. I stood up as well and tried prying Kayden from her hands. "Let him come with me we're going to the same place." Hanna pleaded. After the false alarm at Radley Toby called arranging for the five of us to go to the lake house and spend some time away from Rosewood. The lake house was located in Philly but I didn't feel like escaping Rosewood was possible. Hanna let go of Kayden and I hugged him close to me. "You can spend all the time you want with him at the lake house but I'm still not ready to be apart from him."

Hanna smiled genuinely,"I understand perfectly fine, we should go now." she grabbed her purse and we bid our goodbyes before leaving The Brew. Before I bad a chance to get inside of the car someone caught my eye but as I paid more attention he disappeared. "What's wrong with you?" Hanna asked gathering my attention. I looked at her through her window and shook my head. "For a second I could have sworn that I saw Jason but it was nothing." I assured her. She shrugged it off and I did the same.

I focused on the road that was partially lit by the gloomy sky and I could tell that it was bound to ring soon by the light sprinkles of rain. I pulled into the long driveway, the gates sliding close behind me and as I got closer to the house I spotted Toby leaning against the side of the car talking on the phone. I could tell that it was his dad by the annoyed expression he held. I parked and Toby walked over to the car, opening the back door so that he could transfer Kayden from one car to the other. "It's not important right now. . . I'll talk to you later." Toby hung up the phone while closing the door. When he turned around I practically jumped into his arms. "Are you excited about the trip?" he chuckled. I shook my head,"I'm glad that we can finally spend time together as a family."

I bit my bottom lip and Toby lifted his hand, removing it from in between my teeth. "Let's go." he smiled.
➴ ➵ ➶ ➵ ➶ ➵