Menacingly

Spencer POV

The girl from earlier had brought an ice pack for my head and then left, the guy who had attacked me following behind her closely. I laid in bed trying to fall asleep but found that to be very difficult.

I had more things than usual on my mind that didn't help with my head ache and I had refused to eat anything that was given to me. Although it's been less than a few hours of being here I felt paranoid.

Memories of snuggling into Toby's warm chest as he told me stories came flooding back. Making my heart ache further more was not having enough memories of Kayden.

Stop speaking as if this is the end, my conscience told me. I let out a small sigh feeling as if this was actually the end. I believed that someone would come and rescue us from this nightmare that had just begun.

In the midst of my thinking I managed to doze off into a restless sleep. The next morning I was greeted by my head ache and an emotion I couldn't identify had washed over me.

The ice pack had turned warm so I had lifted it from my head and placed it on the dresser to my right. My room door slid open and the girl from yesterday had came in with a tray that consisted of pancakes, sunny side up eggs, sausage, bacon, and crispy pan fried potatoes.

I sat up and she sat the tray down on my lap but I made no move to eat anything that was sitting on the plate. "I'm not here to poison you." she murmured making her way to the door. I expected her to leave but instead she closed it then came back to sit at the bottom of the bed surprising me as she reached up and began to untie her mask before letting it fall to the floor

I gasped, many emotions shooting through me but anger standing out mostly. "So it's true?" I asked. "Your actually apart of this." she rolled her eyes,"Your suppose to be different," she said, I could see her eyes filling with tears and frustration as she made her way to the vanity. "I may not have showed it at the hospital but I've changed. . . Don't look at me as the Alison you've recently witnessed."

Once she brought up the hospital the sympathy that I had almost felt had vanished leaving no trail behind, turning into anger. "You picked the day that my son was born to show up." I stated narrowing my eyes. I got up from the bed and rubbed my temples from moving too quickly. She glanced at me in the reflection of the mirror.

She got up as well and stood in front of but I hardly felt threatened at all. "The day he was born was the only chance I had of seeing Toby again," she retorted. "I wanted to explain everything to him but all he cared about was that I left you alone- I admit that in the beginning it was me working on the inside but those messages didn't come from me."

"How am I suppose to believe that?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest. Her eyes softened for a moment before she decided to use her poker face. "I went through hell but he handled me with kid gloves compared to what he'll do to you and your little friends."

"Now we're getting somewhere," I muttered under my breath, unable to resist an eye roll. "Who is he?"

"You honestly think I know more than I'm letting on," she paused most likely understanding why. "I don't know who he is but if you help me we can figure this out together-" she paused as a sob broke out. "I won't have Toby back and I can accept that but apart from that I just want my life back. . . he'll turn on me just like he did Wilden."

My eyes widened in shock,"What happened to Wilden?" I hesitantly asked. She looked at the clock and wiped her tears quickly putting on her mask. She rushed to the door but stopped turning to face me once more before sliding the door closed,"Wilden is dead."

I placed my hands over my mouth in shock, falling back down onto the bed. Even though I shouldn't, I believed Alison more than I should but the problem would be convincing the others to believe it as well. Not only the part about Wilden but the part where Alison might have really changed.