Menacingly

I couldn't help but think about the person that sent me the note, as usual I was curious for answers.
"You have to eat, get dressed, and we have to go." Toby said breaking me out of my train of thoughts.

I looked up at him and he was leaning against the kitchen island with a cup of coffee in his hand. Looking back down at my food I frowned.

"I can't eat this." I said standing up from the table. The two guards that had been waiting for this to happen moved in to grab me but Toby rose a hand making them stop dead in their tracks.

"You need to eat," he said finally coming to sit down in the chair next to me. He grabbed my fork and stabbed it into a piece of my omelet before placing the fork in front of me.

"We don't have much time before getting down to the office Spencer, don't make this harder than it needs to be."
The fork was pushed towards my mouth once again and I sighed finally giving into his wishes and eating although I honestly didn't feel hungry at all.

His phone began ringing and he slid it out of his suit pocket, checking the caller I.D.
"I have to take this," he told me, sitting the fork down onto the table. "Eat."
I watched him leave the kitchen then turned to face the two guards that were watching over me like a hawk.

Sighing, I picked up the fork and began eating the rest of my omelet. I assumed that Toby would be back in here by the time I had finished but the only person to walk into the kitchen was Emily.

"Good morning Spencer." she greeted taking my plate from off of the table and walking towards the sink.
"I thought you weren't allowed to talk." I stated, the words coming out in a matter of fact tone.

She looked at me and smiled while scrubbing at the plate.
"Mr. Cavanaugh sent in an email saying that the rules were gone," she explained happily. "This morning when I talked to him he said that he wanted you to know who to be around and who not to be around."

I nodded my head in understanding,"I guess that makes since but he didn't have to do this for me, I would like it better if he did it because its actually what he wanted."

"Maybe it is what I wanted," Toby intervened walking into the room with a slight smirk on his face. "Like I said earlier, we have to get down to the office to take care of some things."

I walked over to him and only then did I notice that Evert step I took the two guards took as well. I followed behind Toby, out to the limousine and once we got inside I asked,"why are there two guards stalking me?"

"Sometime during the party I have to attend a meeting on the top floor so while I'm doing that, your new guards will be watching over you." he explained.

The conversation that we had about Dean came to mind and I pushed it away.
"Why do you have a meeting during a party?" I asked.

"This is the only time that I could get Mr. Raul to come and if I don't take this chance now its never." he responded scrolling through his phone.

"How long will it take?"

"It could be a while but I'll try to get through it as fast as I can- I'm sure that you have attended a few events such as this one so I expect you to be on your best behavior and don't answer personal questions; reporters will be disguised."

I guess I understood why Toby would think that I have been to an event like this , but I've never actually been allowed out of my room while these things went on. My father would hire one of his most trusted servants to guard the door, making sure that I wouldn't escape. It wasn't like he actually had to worry about that happening. After the first time I had attempted I promised myself to never try that ever again. It wouldn't have done me well, he said so himself.

"If they are disguised, how will I know to watch out for them," I asked. He must have assumed that I have come in contact with a reporter from the way he looked at me. His eyebrow was raised and his phone shut off now being slid inside of his pocket. "I've never-"

"Been to one of these events." he finished. I looked down nervously, and my head was tilted back up with the tip of his index finger. "We have lots of time for you to learn everything there is about going to one of these events, you could have told me."

"Toby. . . there is so much you don't know and I promise I am close to telling you I just want it to be at the right moment and at the right time, just me and you."

"You take all of the time you need but I have something to tell you and I think that I should do it now before things get way more hectic- but you have to let me get through everything I need to say before going off." he said. I could see exactly how nervous he was and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't getting even ore insecure about this whole thing.

"Go ahead." the words coming out as if they were meant to be slurred and hesitant at the same time.

He took a deep breath before looking me straight in the eyes as he slowly began,"You only know that you received one note from this anonymous person but really there were a lot more that I kept from you. . . ever since that first note my guards have been reporting back to me that this person has been in and out every now and then- last night; or this morning there was another break in, alarms were going off, my guards were searching the whole house, and thankfully you stayed asleep through out the whole thing. . . I'm not going to show you the note because that won't do you any good although I will tell you to never go anywhere alone."

After he was done telling me this I hardly knew how I felt. All of this was a lot to take in, after so long I was starting to believe that it was over and I didn't need to worry about anything- everything would be okay now but he just tore a part that whole thought.

"You can talk now." he told me.

I still didn't utter out a single word, not knowing what I'm suppose to say. I didn't know which question was suppose to be asked first either but they ran through my mind simultaneously.
Finally, I stopped on a question and asked,"How could you keep this from me- what if something happened?"

Suddenly our roles switched and I was the one pulling his attention back to me as he looked down at the ground.
I brought my lips to his and he immediately responded to the kiss.

Interrupted by the car door opening, we both pulled away.
"Can you tell me more about the notes?" I asked just as his phone began to ring.
He chuckled,"I'll try to fit it into my schedule."

Playfully rolling my eyes I got out of the car, two guards taking their places beside me.
"He won't be long but there are things we have to get through so right this way, Mrs. Cavanaugh."