Menacingly

"We can't do this right now." Toby whispered. I frowned crossing my arms over my chest.
"From this moment on things are only going to get worse," I paused. "If I'm expecting I need to know now."

He sighed,"I'll have my mom pick up a test on the way back." I nodded then looked away to see everyone else was still in deep thought. Toby placed a hand on my shoulder then motioned with his head for me to follow him.

He lead me to the kitchen then he began rummaging through the cabinets, pulling out ingredients. "You cook?" I asked trying to lighten the mood. He smiled as he nodded.
"Mostly Italian foods," he responded. "I'm making Amatriciana."

I smiled as he said this. "Amatriciana was something that my-" I cut myself off now frowning as the memory turned dark. "My mom use to make."

Toby leaned against the counter and crossed his arms over his chest. "Can I ask you something?" he asked. I nod my head for him to continue. "You can go back yet you stay. . . why?"

I thought about the question hard before asking one of my own. "Do you want me to leave?" I asked him. He narrowed his eyes as he shook head still waiting for an actual answer. "Well. . . I'm scared about the whole situation and when I left I hadn't planned on looking back although I do every single day just hoping that she's alright. . . and I keep waiting for her to reach out to me because I can't reach out to her."

Toby's face softened as I said this. He uncrossed his arms then began rummaging through cabinets once again. "Earlier you said you had something to tell me." he started, looking over his shoulder. I nodded,"I do," I sighed. "Deans real name is Wilden."

He turned around completely and tilted his head to the side. "Wilden?" he asked me and I nodded. I began explaining the memory to him and the more I told him the more dots that he was able to connect.

"So after that day everything changed the next," he concluded easily. "We've been so busy looking into your father when we should have been looking into the one right by his side."

I nodded my head slowly, pulling myself up onto the stool. "What are we going to do?" I huffed. He looked at me disapprovingly.
"Your not going to do anything," I opened my mouth to speak but he continued. "End of discussion."

I sat my phone down on the counter, leaning into the palm of my hand as I watched Toby cook. He glanced at me every few seconds before he finally sighed.
"I just want you to be safe, what's wrong with that?" he asked me. I shrugged my shoulders,"I know you worry about me but I worry about you too," I frowned. "Your there for me but why can't I be there for you?"

The others all walked inside of the kitchen but my gaze never left Toby's and his gaze never left mine. "We'll talk later." Toby murmured under his breath before turning around to continue cooking once again. As everyone went to sit at the table Emily came and sat down next to me. "Any clue of who this might be?" she asked me and I shook my head as response.
"I'm still focused on the text message," I admitted. "I didn't think this was some game. . . it's far from it."

The room grew silent until we heard the sound of clacking heels coming closer before Marian appeared in the hallway motioning with her head for me to follow her. I looked at Toby and he nodded for me to go.

Hoping off of the stool, I walked out of the kitchen and began walking with Marian. I couldn't remember Toby contacting her in any way but no questions lurked through my mind.
"Thank you," Marian said suddenly. I looked at her confusingly but she just smiled. "Your exactly what my son needs in his life."

"I'm sure that he'll be fine with or without me." I admitted weakly. Marian frowned as we came to a stop in front of a bathroom. "Do you plan on leaving?" she asked me. I shook my head quickly,"I never once thought about leaving."

Her smile returned and she handed me the bag. "There are instructions on the back I'll be standing out here if you need anything."
Walking into the bathroom I closed the door behind me then took a deep breathe as I pulled the pregnancy test out of the bag.

After taking it I wasn't surprised to see the results. I opened the bathroom door and held it up so Marian could see it.
She gasped at the sight. "I'm going to be a grandmother." she cried, placed both hands over her heart.

I couldn't help but smile at her reaction as I nodded my head. "I should talk to Toby about this," I said after being pulled into a tight hug. "I'm sure he wants to know."

She pulled away and nodded her head. "If you need anything else I'll be inside of the library." she smiled as she walked away.

Once she was out of sight my smile dropped and I leaned against the wall, biting onto my bottom lip. If anything happens to the baby I don't know what I would do, I thought to myself feeling a hot tear trail down my cheek. A is going to find out I'm pregnant and-
"Are you okay?" one of the workers asked. I nodded my head then walked away quickly.

Entering the kitchen I was met with an amazing smell, I walked over to the stove where Toby was and he looked at me with questioning eyes.
"I'm pregnant," I choked out as I wiped away the single tear that had fallen. "I know you said you wouldn't let anything happen to me or the baby but I'm still scared."

Toby placed a top over the food then turned to me. "I'm not going to lie to you," he paused brushing a hand through his mane. "I am too."

I tensed as he said this expecting his words to be more comforting as usual. "We can't just keep this between us, I'm going to get bigger eventually." I told him. He sighed looking down at my stomach. His hand extended and rubbed over my stomach, I placed my hand over his stopping him.

"Even though you took a pregnancy test I want you to see a real doctor." he murmured. I nodded my head knowing that sometimes the test could be wrong but me being sick after three weeks was a bit suspicious although my stomach was still completely flat.

"My sister and Wren will be out here and I rather go to him instead of a random doctor at this point."

He nodded his head. "Go have a seat and try to get calmed, dinner is almost ready," he offered a light smile. "From now on you just have to be careful I know the timing is bad but in the end everything will be okay." his comforting voice returned and I smiled feeling tad bit better.
"Your going to be an amazing dad." I admitted. He chuckled pulling me into a hug.
"Your going yo be an amazing mom."

I hope so.