Chapter 29 Rescue

Start from the beginning

“Is she there? Are they alright?”

“Yes, but…..”

Alois dug his fingers into the butler’s shoulder. “Did they hurt her?”

Agni followed up Sebastian’s report. “They’d  tied them on a chair, Earl.” Agni’s voice shook with anger.

The Earl’s wrath boiled up in his throat. He prepared his pistol. He would kill them all. Lau tightened his grip on Alois’ arm. “Stay cool. Agni-san how many within?”

“Five.” Agni said, “Two Lords and their squire and a man in white.”

Alois gritted his teeth. “The King himself must move in order for his subjects to follow.”

Undertaker drew his scythe from his satoba. “Nice word, Earl. It seems I should not take you lightly.”

Lau turned to Alois and grinned wickedly.

“Shall we join the feast, boys?” Grell’s shark-like teeth gleamed in the moonlight, giving him an unearthly look.

Alois didn’t trust himself to speak, but merely nodded. He gripped his pistol tighter. The triplets and Sebastian crept up to the tent. Lau motioned to Alois to stay by the entrance while the two shinigamis circled the rear. The minutes dragged on leaden feet. Alois Trancy felt as if he would jump out of his skin. Then the peace of the night was shattered by the shinigamis battle cry. “ATTACK!!!!!”

A lot of things happen in a flash! Agni and Sebastian sprang at those by the entrance. Grell ripped a large part in the rear. The other four men tumbled over each other in their frantic haste to get away from the triplets simultaneous attack.

Alois noted little of this. Instead, his gaze was reverted to Lady Elizabeth Middleford. Her beautiful emerald eyes dark with fear, a cloth was jammed into her mouth to silence her cries.

The leader for kidnapping was the Duke of Woodrow hills. Earl Trancy was wrong to let him live. With a strangled cry, Alois severed Lizzy’s bounds then gently pulled the cloth from her mouth. Recognizing him, she burst into tears and turned away, hanging her head in shame. Alois covered her with his cape and held her close.

“Lizzy it’s alright… you are safe now, I am here.”

She shivered and gave herself over to convulsive sobs. The pitiful sound tore at his heart. While he held her tight, he stared over her head at the scumbag, loathsome pig that had degraded her so abominably.