Introduction

I'm Ash Ketchum, I used to live in a place called Pallet Town. Pallet Town is back in Kanto, but now I live in Kalos, I've only just moved to Kalos. Me and my Mom wanted a fresh start, my father died a few months ago, but let's not talk about that. 

After a week of settling in Kalos it was time for my first day at Vaniville High, I'm super excited to see new people.

"I'm ready, Mom" I put my red and white hat on.

She walked into the living room and sat down, putting her feet on the coffee table. "Have a good day, sweetie" She smiled at me, "You too" I turned around and smiled brightly at my Mom.

She still feels down sometimes, she has to worry about me, work, bills and even more bills. I feel sorry for her, I wish I could do something to make her happy.

I opened the front door, pulling the chain off and twisting the key. Cold air hit my face like a bus, speaking of buses. I have to be catching one soon.

I walked to the bus stop that my Mom told me about, "She said take a left then a right?" I mumbled to myself. I followed the directions she told me and she was correct, a bus stop was at the edge of the street with a couple of people around my age, I walked over to the bus stop and their features were starting to become visible.

There was a girl, she had honey blonde hair, she was pale but more of a nice pale? If that makes sense. Her eyes were a deep blue, almost like the ocean. She wore a pink hat with a black ribbon on it. She also wore a grey/blackish tank top with a white sleeve less collared shirt under it. She wore a skirt that was red along with grey/blackish high socks with black baseball trainers. She was stylish and looked pretty cute. Oh, she also had a pink bag on her back.

Now for the other person, they were a boy. Whoever it was had brown hair that was spiky, they had a purple jumper along with some blue pants, he had a yellow and green locket around his neck, for his feet he had small brown trainers. He also had dark blue eyes.

I took out my phone and plugged my ear phones in, I opened Itunes and looked for The Chainsmokers - Closer ft Halsey. When I found the song I played the song through my ear phones. It's such a good song. 

I noticed the two people I described looking at me out of the corner of my eye. I think they were talking about me, I decided to ignore it and look the other way.

A few moments later I felt a tap on my arm, I turned around and it was the boy, he said something but I couldn't hear because of my earphones, I unplugged them to listen to the brown haired boy.

"Sorry, I didn't hear" I scratched my nose.

"Are you new to Vaniville High?" He looked into my eyes, "You bet I am, I'm Ash Ketchum. I come from Pallet Town in Kanto" I smiled at him, "I'm Gary Oak, I'm also from Pallet Town too." He smirked back.

"That's awesome, nice to meet you" I chuckled.

"Yeah, you too" He chuckled too. 

He looked over at my phone, "The Chainsmokers - Closer ft Halsey, you have good taste in music" He grabbed the ear phones that were dangling from my phone and he put them in his ears.

"So baby pull me closer in the back seat of your rover-"

I sweatdropped at his singing.

The girl snatched the earphones from his ears, "Gary, they're not yours" She passed them back to me, "You're not my Mom" He folded his arms, "I'm glad I'm not" She laughed, her response caused me to laugh a little, which caused her to look at me. "I'm Serena Yvonne, nice to meet you, Ash" She smiled at me closing her eyes. "You too" I smiled back.

I guess I'm off to a good start at making friends, well they're not my friends, I don't think?

"Do you want to sit next to us on the bus?" Gary asked me, yes! I'm not going to be a loner all day! I mentally fist pumped, "If you don't mind" I chuckled, "You want to be friends?" Serena added on, "Sure!" I smiled at them both.

"We'll introduce you to everyone when we get into school" Serena played with her hair.

"Okay" I looked at her.

"Soooo, do you have any hobbies? Any talents?" Gary put one hand on his hip.

Damn, should I tell them what my Mom and...Dad thinks.

"Well, my Dad thinks I can sing" I scratched my nose again, I need to stop doing that! 

I looked up at the sky, hoping my Dad is watching over me, the sky was kinda grey, filled with clouds. The environment was beautiful, although it was Winter.

"You can sing?" They both said in union.

"I-I never said I could, my Dad said I could" I sweatdropped.

Serena looked deep in thought.

The bus arrived surprising us all, we all walked onto the bus. I followed the two to the back of the bus, I noticed a few more people that they went and sat down next to.

I just stood there.

"You going to take a seat?" The orange haired girl looked at me, "I was planning to" I raised my eyebrows while nodding.

I took the seat next to Serena.

"So, who is he?" The green haired boy pointed at me, "I'm Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town, nice to meet you" I fist pumped, "Gary, you're from Pallet Town too, right?" He looked at Gary, Gary nodded his head.

"I'm Drew, nice to meet you too, Ash" He moved his hand towards me, wanting to fist bump, I fist bumped him.

I looked at the other person who was sat next to Drew, "I'm Ash Ke-"

"Yeah I heard you" She shrugged.

I noticed out of the corner of my eye Serena open her eyes widely at Misty.

"Hm, I'm Misty. I'm from Kanto too, nice to meet you, Ash" She smiled.

"You too" I scratched my nose.

She turned her attention to the window, her breathing was steaming up the window.

We all sat there in awkward silence for a moment.

"So, Ash you said you could sing, right?" Serena looked at me, "I said my Dad said I could sing, I never said I could" I smiled at the honey blonde haired girl.

"Serena don't" Misty looked at Serena, Serena looked like she changed her mind about something.

"Don't what?" I looked at Serena.

She played with her thumbs, "I'll ask you some other time" She smiled, with some sort of pink on her cheeks? What even is that pink thing on her cheeks? Is it face paint?

I looked down at my phone and plugged the earphones in my ears again, the song was on repeat so I put my elbow on the window ledge and put my hand on my chin as I watched the houses, people and various other things pass by. 

I wonder what Serena wanted to ask me.

Thanks for reading this chapter! I'll update tomorrow, or later day for other people. I'm super tired right now, so I'm going sleep, goodnight! I love you all <3 - Pokeamour