What Did I Do?!

I groaned and sighed after hearing my stomach growl once again.

'You must be really stupid Jessica. How could you hop on a plane and just go to Korea without even calling your grandparents to ask for their address!!! My phone doesnt even work here. What are you planning to do now?!'

I kept walking around the streets passing restaurants and stores.

'I can smell the food from out here. I'm so hungry... I'm going to go crazy if I keep smelling all this food..."

It's been a whole day since I've been here. I barely had enough to pay for a hotel room last night.

'Where am I going to stay tonight?!'

As the thought popped into my head I closed my eyes and groaned distracting myself and walking right into another person.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't see where I was going. I was distracted by my thoughts. I'm very sorry!"

"Ah, it's okay."

'Wait. English? ENGLISH?! I HEARD ENGLISH!'

"You speak English?!"

I looked up at the person in front of me. He looked American.

"Yeah, I do. Do you need help? Are you lost?"

I bit my lip and looked down.

"Yeah..."

"Ah really? What's the address? I can take you there."

'Wow, this is going to be embarrassing to say... well, here goes nothing.'

"You see... The thing is... I sort of ran away from home and I have no money and I bought a one-way ticket here and I was supposed to go to my grandparents house but I forgot to ask them the address so now I have no place to go..."

I waited for a response but instead I heard laughter. I looked up and saw the guy laughing.

"It's not funny! Don't laugh at me! I have a very good reason for what I did. I did it on a whim anyways! I need help!"

I frowned and pouted as his laughter died down.

"Sorry, it's just... how could you be so clumsy and clueless? Even if it was on a whim you should have been more careful."

"Hey! That's rude! You shouldn't say that about someone... But you're right. I should have payed attention."

"Sorry, sorry. Well um, you can stay at my place. I live in an apartment with my roommates. I'm sure they'll be fine with letting you stay. They are all really friendly. Oh and my name is Hansol, but my friends call me Vernon."

I stared blankly at him until I realized that he said I could stay at his place.

"Ah, t-thanks... Vernon... Are you sure though? About staying at your place?"

"Yeah! It's no problem really, I would honestly just feel really bad leaving you out here like this."

"Oh... well, um, that's really nice of you."

"Well, come on, I was on my way to buy some groceries right now. You'll help me carry them since you'll be coming home with me."

"Sure, I'll help. It's the least I can do for letting me stay."

Vernon grabbed my hand and led me in the direction of the supermaket.

"Hey, what's your name? I just realized you never told me your name."

I blinked a few times before my brain processed the question he just asked.

'My name?! What do I tell him?! I can't tell him my real name? Right? What if he's actually a shady guy? I'd be in trouble if I say my real name!'