"But next time if you dye them according to your dress, just know that it's lame," She suddenly snapped and my eyes grew wide at the sudden change in her tone.

"What..." I trailed off.

"You're stealing my date's attention," She snapped at me. Woah!

"Okay. That's enough. Now leave her alone Pamela," Kyle snapped back at her, almost making a move to get up from his chair but she didn't need to be told twice as she left, but only after giving me one last pointed look.

"Don't mind her," Kyke turned to me.

"What was that?" I asked, still not able to comprehend the situation but as I recalled her tone, a laugh escaped my throat and soon, I was laughing like a maniac.

Kyle seemed surprised but he laughed, looking at me. "No seriously Kyle. What was that?"

"Well she was just jealous of you since you look really beautiful,"

"Pfft please," I rolled my eyes.

"I am not kidding. That's how she is," He said, seriously and I sat there in surprise. Wow, she really was weird. Thank God I did not give her a compliment. People would never do that in Epitoria. We are nice to each other. We are friendly and like to help each other. Even the prettiest girls in the school would give each other compliments and not be jealous of others. Why are people so different here? Suddenly, I missed everything of my land and wanted more than anything to just go back. I looked up and found Kyle looking at something in his phone, so I looked away at the people.

Just then, my eyes caught a familiar pair of captivating green ones, looking right back at me from across the hall. His eyes seemed to be brighter than usual as his hair were neatly styled back, yet had the sexy mess as a few strands fell on his forehead. My eyes travelled to the white shirt covering his torso and a well fitted tuxedo tremendously adding to his phenomenal look.

Realising that he was still looking at me and probably caught me checking him out, I looked up at his face as my cheeks reddened and I gave him a smile. He didn't seem to return it and I felt like a stupid for even smiling in the first place. A hand fell on his shoulder and he stepped aside, revealing a certain blonde, causing me to frown.

He turned to her, his back now to me as he talked to the girl.

"That's Trevor's date," Kyle said and I turned to him in confusion.

"His date is Pamela?" I asked, shocked.

He held back a laugh and nodded but I did not find anything funny about the conversation. Why would Trevor bring that idiot as his date? Rolling my eyes, I looked back at Kyle.

"Weird," I said.

"Right. Forget about her. Why don't you tell me about yourself Leah?"

"Like what?"

He shrugged. "Anything,"

"Okay... you know that I am still in high school and I am seventeen. Uh what else?"

"What is your favourite colour?"

"Black and red. Yours?"

"Blue. Are you single?" He asked while I was a bit taken aback by his question.

"Why else would I come as your date?"

"Right," He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and I let out a laugh. "It's alright Kyle,"

"Uh anyway, dance?" He held up his hand infront of me and with a smile, I placed my hand in his. He got up and we walked towards the dance floor. There were many people dancing to the slow song and I took a deep breath, remembering how bad I wanted to go to prom with Matthew. Guess, I won't get to go to prom at all.