Chapter 7 - Blow Up

Ok so I thought I'd ask...does anyone want to make me a cover for this story? I'd be greatful :)

********************************************************************************************************

     "You what!?!" I yell. How could he do this? Sam knew I didn't want to see my dad and yet he calls him. "Calm down Hayley," Emily said walking up to me cautiously. "Calm down, calm down, how can I when my personal hell knows where I am?" I reply pacing back and forth. I could feel the tears starting to fill my eyes. Jacob stood watching me worriedly, not knowing what to do or say. "Your father had a right to know where you are and how you're doing," Sam said getting defensive. "You've ruined everything! He's no father of mine," I state staring coldly at Sam and getting in his face."Listen here young lady, you watch your mouth. What is wrong with you?" he replied grabbing me by the arms to make me stand in front of him. Tears were spilling down my face now. Emily and Jacob looked worried, not sure what to make of the situation.

     My anger was building toward Sam. He doesn't know anything about my father and his abuse. Well he was about to find out. "You know why I hate my dad? Why I came here in the first place?" I question breaking free from Sam's grip,"It's because he's abusive. That's right, he hits me. The scars you see on my arms and legs are from him. The black eye I had was his doing. Now he's coming to take me back with him and it's all your fault!" Sam stood wide-eyed in shock. Emily started to tear up. Jacob tried to put his arm around me but I shook it off. I ran upstairs to my room, slamming the door behind me.

     I fell onto the bed and cried harder then I've ever had. Everyone I cared for knows my abusive past. How can I stay here now? I don't need their pity, just their support. However Jacob was everything to me right now so I had to stay. I heard the door open but I stayed where I was. I felt two arms wrap around me and pull me onto his lap. "It'll be ok Hayley," Jacob's sweet voice whispered into my ear. I cried into his chest, not wanting him to ever let me go. "How do you know?" I asked trying to control my crying. Jacob positioned me so that I was looking into his eyes. "I know because I'll always be here. I won't ever let anyone hurt you. I'll protect you," he exclaimed wiping the tear rolling down my cheek. I gave him a weak smile. Jacob always had a way of making me feel better and safe. He kissed me on the forehead and rocked me gently until I calmed down. I trusted Jacob with all my heart and I knew he'd follow through.

Emily's POV

     Hayley ran upstairs and slammed the door. Jacob followed closely after her. I wiped my eyes trying to be strong. The worst thing that could happen has become a reality. I never got rid of the suspicion that her father, Sam's own brother, might have hit her.... now I knew it to be true. Sam slumped into the kitchen chair running his hand through his hair. I walked over slowly to him and layed my hand on his shoulder. He let out a big sigh before looking up at me. "She hates me and I wouldn't blame her. I let her down as her guardian," He said sadness on his face. "Honey, you didn't know that her father was...abusive," I reply kneeling down in front of him. "I should have though. She's right, it's my fault. I called him and now he's on his way up here," he stated with frustration, pounding his fist on the table.

     I wasn't scared by Sam's outburst. He's learned to control his anger around me. I was more concerned for him then anything. He was taking this hard and how couldn't he. "Sam, it's fine. You can stil be her gaurdian. Be her father figure and keep your brother away from her," I say gently. He looked at me with little hope in his eyes but nodded. I gave him a small kiss to show my support. We heard Hayley's door open and footsteps on the stairs. Jacob and Hayley appeared at the bottom of the steps. Hayley's eyes were a little red but she had calmed down. Sam and I stood up from our previous positions to look over at them. Hayley looked up at Jacob before coming up to Sam. "I'm sorrry Sam. I shouldn't have yelled at you. You didn't know," she said looking at the ground. Sam pulled her into a tight hug and she hugged him back. "Don't worry, he won't touch you," Sam replied reassuringly. She nods and then pulls away. She takes Jacob's hand and walks outside. I smile at Sam and turn to make dinner. I'm glad Sam and Hayley made up. Only time now until more confrontation.

Hayley's POV

     I sat on the porch steps leaning on Jacob's shoulder. I felt secure in this moment. The sun was beginning to set. La Push was beautiful in the dim light. I couldn't help but worry about my father showing up though. Jacob must have felt me tense up. "Don't think about it. Maybe he won't even show up," he exclaimed. I loved how Jacob made me feel. I looked up at him. "Yeah you're right," I say with a small smile. Jacob smiled in return before leaning down and placing a kiss on my lips. Jake's warmth surrounded me, making me relax. I leaned more into the kiss not wanting the moment to end. Unforunately it did. "Well what do we have here," a deep voice said from the yard. I pulled apart from Jacob, recognizing the voice. I stood up and stared at the man in the yard. He stood in front of his 1989 mustang with car keys in one hand and a beer bottle in the other. He took a swig of the beer and slipped the car keys in his pocket. I was frozen with fear as my father began walking toward the house. This wasn't good.