Chapter 1 *Wake Up Call

Start from the beginning

I slung my bag over my shoulder absently, and looked up into his intense blue eyes expectantly.

"Hang on," He smirked suddenly, shutting the door behind him-

I could have sworn I closed it, I mused in a confused thought. My eyes widened slightly with shock and embarrassment.

"Play some more, now the door's closed."

I swallowed. "T-the door was open?"

He nodded, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, well, I've gotta go to Study Period now, so, bye,"

I tried to step around him and out of the door.

He held his arm out, and I stopped.

"Yeah? What?" I looked up at him, crossing my arms over my chest.

He shook his head a little. "Nothing. Sorry I disturbed your piano,"

He shoved his hand into his pockets and walked off towards his car in the school car park.

Alex was apologizing?

The bell went for next lesson, and I went to my classroom; confused about Alex.

I walked into my classroom, and almost immediately Katie and Leah caught sight of me.

"Hey, I heard you and Alex Flynn 'talked'," Katie suggested, her coppery curls bouncing with excitement.

Wow. Gossip got around here fast.

I plopped down in my chair and slumped, as I dropped my bag down on the floor beside me. I yawned, as Leah almost choked on her water.

"W-what?" Leah spluttered

"Yeah, what's so weird about me talking to someone?" I asked sleepily. Katie's eyes went wide.

" 'Someone'?!" She asked in disbelief. She turned to Leah. "Do you hear her, Leah?

Alex was the bad, violent boy with martial art skill no-one knew where he got from. But, he was also pretty good looking.

I'd had a slight crush on him when I was about thirteen, but it went away pretty quickly, as I realised there was no-one I could love more than Max.

Max was my best friend; and also my secret crush. We were born on the same day, in the same hospital, about a few minutes apart.

Our mums were best friends, too; they'd been best friends ever since their first day of school. So Max and I went way back. We used to play in the sandbox when we were little - I always won the contests to build the best sandcastle.

We'd grown up together, promising to tell each other everything.

At the beginning of each year, we would tell each other who we had a crush on, our fears and secrets-

"Liz!" Katie hissed in a whisper, making me jump out of my reverie. "Seriously, stop daydreaming about Max, we're trying to talk about you and Alex talking here."

"Yeah, we talked. So what?" I rolled my eyes, putting my feet on Max's vacant chair as I leant against the wall and closed my eyes.

"O-m-g. I cannot believe you're saying this, Liz!"

"Saying what?" Max asked, sitting himself down on the chair next to me, replacing my feet on his lap. I smiled at him, re-opening my eyes again and kicking my feet back on the floor.

"Oh, so you're ignoring us, but when Max comes along - you're all awake and active." Leah scowled playfully at me as she tried to hide an obvious grin.

"Alex," I growled, summing it up in one word.

"Ah," Was all Max said, as he sat back in his chair, biting his lip a little.

"He watched me play piano," I felt my cheeks heat up a little.

"What?" Max asked in disbelief, his head snapping around to look at me.

"Yeah..." I itched the back of my hand nervously, as I avoided his soft, brown eyed gaze.

"Ugh." Max turned his head back to the front. "I'm gunna kill that bastard later," He balled up his fists, his jaw clenching.

"While I'm there?" I looked at him. He looked back at me and shrugged, his body relaxing again as if I were his calm.

I was going to Max's house for a sleepover today after school, as it was a Friday.

"Liz?" Max asked, waving a slightly tanned, slim hand in front of my face.

I resisted to pull his hand toward me, interlacing my fingers with his.

:: Max ::

"Max!" Alex, my brother suddenly called, making the girls jump.

I rolled my eyes dramatically with a smirk, which made Liz grin back, before walking to Alexander Eduardo-Flynn, my 17 year old twin brother.

"House party on Saturday," He said, looking at his Facebook on his iPhone.

"Awesome, but what about mum and dad?" I asked.

Our parents aren't all that thrilled about alcohol at parties. In fact, they'd tried to sue some random guy in a bar for getting drunk at his own bachelor party, which in my opinion was absurd.

Alex looked up from his phone, smirking mischievously as he put his phone back into his pocket.

"They're going to Paris for the weekend, for their anniversary." His voice turned mocking. "Did you forget, already?"

I shook my head, knowing Alex always forgot to get them a gift; and I always had to buy one from the both of us.

"No, idiot. Unlike you, I don't forget. So, Saturday at..."

Alex closed his eyes, trying to remember, then re-opened them after a few seconds. "Two, until about midnight,"

"I was about to say, two in the morning? Are you on drugs, or drunk or something?"

He shook his head with a smirk. "No, not even Alex the Mighty can party at two in the morning,"

I raised my eyebrows, crossing my arms over my chest. " 'Alex the Mighty' ?"

He shrugged with a grin, then walked off back to his friends. I walked off back to the girls, and smirked when I saw them all peeking behind upside-down Year 8 Geometry textbooks.

"You do know those are the wrong books," I said mockingly, sitting back down next to Liz: the beauty I knew I'd never have. All three burst out with their 'what'd he say' and 'what'd he want?'.

All I had to say was two words, before they all grinned like children on Christmas morning: "House party!"

:: Alex ::

I sat on my motorbike, a sleek black Honda as I got out my iPhone, the nicotine calming my nerves.

I found my brothers' number, and pressed call.

"Alex?" Max asked, his voice clearly shocked.

"Yeah, umm, what's Liz's favourite band?"

He was silent a moment, then, "Why?" He dragged the word out.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

Because I bloody asked you a question!

"Wondering,"

He thought for a moment. "You Me At Six,"

"Thanks. See you at home,"

I tapped my phone screen to end the call, stumped my cigarette and swung my leg over my bike. I drove off backup the house.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed :D

So, hope everyone had an awesome chistmas! I know I did: iPhone :D

Comment, vote and rate for next chapter :)