Chapter 16 ~That Stride~

Start from the beginning

Ayumu chuckled, "It feels like they have another reason for this. Like a hidden message."

Eh? You stopped moving. Another reason? Hidden message? Come to think of it, lately everyone has been acting strange. From Shizuma who agreed going to Kyoto for a week of joint training, Sakurai who sometimes getting dragged away by Asuma and Riku, or your feelings... towards the two person...

"Akkhhhh...." You cover your face with some papers; nearly smacked it and Ayumu flinched at response. "A-are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" You said, smiling. Ayumu smiled as response, before finally look at the time, "They're going to start in 5 minutes."

You and Ayumu then looked through the tablet, where you can see the surrounding from the little cameras that were put on the runners' shirt.

"We're going to start now. Are you guys ready?" Sakurai called and quickly responded by Honan's runners. "Yes!"

"Are you guys in positions?" This time it was Shizuma. And unsurprisingly, the response was different from each person.

"Ready." Senoo

"Yes." Reiji

"Anytime!" Asuma

"Yes, Shizuma-san!" Kaede

"Aye aye captain!" Bantaro

You chuckled, "Don't lose you guys," and smiled even though you knew they won't be able to see or hear you.

"Well, then," Dan-sensei, who was standing behind the first runner, raised his hand, "Take your mark, ready..."

Riku and Asuma smiled at each other.

"GO!"

The two males dash from the start line, make sure to control their stamina and breathing since this is the first time they run at full speed along the beach. After taking a few turns, it was time for the second runners.

"I won't lose Ban-chan!"

"Same one goes to me~"

As the voice from the relationers signaling they can run, they both run. Doing some tricks before finally met the first two runners on the takeover zone.

CLAP!

The first take over was successfully done.

They ran again at full speed, almost fall for a few times but can keep their pace.

"Kaede, set."

"Kuga-senpai, set!"

"Okay!"

The third runners are in position, ready to run.

"I won't lose, Kuga-san!"

Kuga smiled, "Bring it on."

"GO!"

Kaede was the first to run, followed by Kuga when he arrived at the takeover zone.

"Mei-chan!" Bantaro shouted.

He extended his hand, reaching for Bantaro's before finally clapped together. Kuga and Hozumi followed a second later.

Kuga took a full speed, running beside Kaede until they got into the next take over zone.

"Senoo-senpai!"

Their hands clapped again, at the same time with Heath and Kuga.

Heath and Senoo ran from the takeover zone, leaving Kaede slumped down and Kuga slowed down.

"They're coming here." Ayumu said to you when he saw the GPS moving to their direction.

Your eyes glued to the screen. It feels like you've done this before.

"Fujiwara-kun, set!"

"Reiji-sama, set!"

The two relationers now held their tablet tightly, heart pumping when the saw the fourth runner was near the takeover zone.

"GO!"

Reiji and Takeru took their start at the same time, quickly made their way towards the last take over zone.

"They're here!" Ayumu said, eyes locking into the left.

Heath quickly clapped his hand with Takeru, before slowing down and sat down while catching his breath.

"Reiji-san!"

Senoo extended his hand, reaching for Reiji's left hand.

As they step in front of you, their hands clapped together.

Sending echo through the shore.

* * * * *

"Uwaahhhh... in the end we lost!" Riku whined, sat on the ground and took the water bottle Asuma gave him.

"Haha, better work harder to beat me."

"It's frustrating! Eh?" Riku turned his head to the left, "Why is [Last Name]-san still in there?"

They all turned to you, some of them gave you a confused look but the rest gave you a smile.

Unconsciously, you gripped on your skirt.

The way Reiji and Senoo's hands clapped together, it was perfect in front of your eyes. And at the same time, it looks like it gave you a hidden message. A message directly sent to you.

The way their hands clapped together... you've saw it before right?

~{>_<}~

OMG I'm so sorrryyyyy for not updating for... I don't even know since when! ;-; my homeworks are killing me every week ;-;

Anyway, I tried to make the stride part as close as possible to the anime ;-;

-Mizushima Sena