Chapter Twenty Four (the surprise)

Start from the beginning

“Night peanut.” I settled down and soon sleep took over.

                                                           ********

“I know what we can do today!!” Emma said as she got out of my bed and headed to my closet. I checked the clock and sighted it was 3 p.m. and I was really bored. I’ve been stuck in this room for three hours no and I was losing my patience. I looked over at Emma again; she pulled out something from my closet.

“What do you want to do?” I asked resting against the headboard again.

“We can dress you up in your prom dress and take some pictures…” she smiled at me holding up my dress. I didn’t think that thing survived the crash, but apparently it did.

“And why would I want to get dressed up?” she moved over and sat next to me.

“Please Rachi, so I can add you to my prom collage.” She said that in her sad baby voice.

“No, I’m really not in the mood.” I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Please pretty pretty please…” she whined again and I finally gave up.

“Fine, I’ll play dress up with you.”

15 minutes later

“Rachael it looks amazing on you.” I was sitting in my wheelchair now facing the mirror, it took us forever to get that thing on, but it actually looked ok. The dress was long and loose at the bottom so it covered up my cast. And Emma also did my hair in a very simple style, she tied it in a bun and left some strands to frame my face.

Knock knock

“Hello ladies.” Dylan poked his head in “wow Rach you look amazing.” He walked over to my side smiling at me.

“Thanks, we got bored…so we thought I should try it on for fun.” I shrugged. I really wished Jason was here to see it, but he was with Luke and Ben playing some stupid football game in the park instead of here like he promised me he would be.

“You have to show mom, she would love to see you in it.” Without any warning Dylan scooped me up in his arm and headed to the doors.

“Dylan! Put me down!” I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck before I fall down. He was racing down the stairs.

“Oh relax will you, I just want to show mom how pretty you look in your dress.” I gave up; my stupid brother obviously isn’t going to let me go.

When we arrived downstairs it was pitch black and I could barely make out where we were going.

“Ah Dylan what’s going on?” this is the scene were the killer comes out of nowhere and chops us up right? Dylan kept walking completely ignoring me, I saw a light coming from the living room and when we entered to was filled with candles .

And Jason was standing in the middle holding a guitar , ben was on the drums behind him and Luke was on the keyboard. There was a banner on top that had “A night to remember” the exact theme of our prom. Dylan placed me on the chair in front of the guys.

“Rachael I know I’ve been a complete idiot for the past 15 years and I know I’m going to spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to you… you’re my everything and I promise you that as long as I’m alive I would do everything in my power to make you happy… and I would like to start right now. I know you wanted to go to prom, so welcome to your fake prom babe.” he grinned at me and I saw a tear slip down his cheek. And I couldn’t help myself I started tearing up as well, I couldn’t believe it they were throwing me a prom.