Chapter Nine

thought you'd like that  =)

{You really know you love someone when all you want is for them to be happy, even if that means that you are not a part of it.}

___________________________________________________________________

(Jason’s P.O.V)

*Jason: hey I just wanted to make sure we’re still on for tonight :)*

*Lauren: of course, where are you taking me? *

*Jason: well I was thinking we could have dinner at Whispers then take a walk on the beach.”

*Lauren: someone’s pulling out the big guns :p*

*Jason: so I’ll pick you up around 7:30?*

* Lauren: sounds great, can’t wait.*

“Jason, Jason … mister Sharp pay attention.” I heard someone call my name and sudddenly the room around me focused in, I could see Miss Marlowe screeching at me. And by that point I knew my face might be a little red.

“Sorry family thing, please continue.” She got back to her lesson, but not before giving me the stink eye.

I looked next to me, to where Rachael was sitting shaking from laughing so hard.

“You know… you could have given me a heads up.” I gave her an irritated look, but finally broke down and gave her a smile.

Rachael gave you a sense of joy and happiness. No one could ever stay made or annoyed at her, least of all me.

“And where’s the fun in that.” Her smile became wider, as she moved her head to the side causing her blond hair fell and covered her eyes slightly; which added to her cuteness level.

“Whatever... No ice-cream for you today.” I crossed my arms above my chest and turned my head away from her.

“Please don’t take away my ice-cream, anything but that.” me being the fool that I am, turned around to face her and was met by her sad puppy dog eyes. And I couldn’t resist her when she did that. The problem is she knew it, too.

“Fine, fine you win.” I arched an eyebrow at her “well played my lady.”

After what seemed like forever the lunch bell rang and we headed to the cafeteria, to meet up with Taylor, Luke and Emma. We grabbed some mac and cheese and headed over to our usual table. Which was in the center, I don’t want to sound conceded but the fact is everyone wanted to sit with us. We ruled this school and every single person here wanted to be a part of our group.

“So Rach since everyone is going on a date tonight maybe me and you should hook up,” Taylor directed that question to Rachael, who was sitting in front of him. I get that Taylor had a thing for Rach, but he needed to back off; and she wasn't really helping me get the signal out when she wore those sundresses; that made her legs seem longer. Also her sun-kissed skin and beautiful eyes didn't help either.

Wow... where did that come from... I shouldn't be thinking about those things, at all...

I shook my head and turned back to the conversation “Back of Taylor or I’ll beat the crap out of you.” I gave him a stern look before turning back to my food. I didn’t mind Taylor’s flirting with any girl, but when it came to Rachael I just got protective and annoyed.When guys like him start hanging around her or asking her out I just wanted to beat them up.

Rachael deserved the best, but she attracted the loser to her everywhere she went. This meant I had to threaten the guys in our school to back of her. And the stupid ones who didn’t listen ended up with something broken, mostly their nose.

 “My hero! Saving me from the big bad Taylor,” Rachael said leaning in and kissing me on the cheek with her soft lips, which sent electricity through my body like always.

How can just a touch from her send me in a state of arousal?

She’s your friend get a hold of yourself… nothing can happen between you two…

I’m always saving you, I’m your prince charming remember.” I replied looking into her eyes then adding a wink. Our eyes locked and neither of us looked away, I felt a weird sensation rush through me ; I quickly looked away because frankly I was scared of that sensation. I took the strawberry ice-cream (her favorite) from my try and put it in hers, thinking all the while how much I wanted to be her prince. 

But reality is she probably thought of my as a brother, since her's was away. And I would never ruine what I have with her over a feeling.

________________________________________________________

Vote If you like Jason, or think he's an idiot =))

hopefully the next chapter will be more exciting