Chapter Twenty Two

• Dedicated to My Raders

{One time someone asked me, "Do you think it's possable to love a person forever?" At first I didn't know what to say, but then I looked at you, I knew it was true, so I simply replied, "Forever isn't long enough.".}

_________________________________________________________________

(Rachael’s P.O.V)

Everyone was here: my mom, Jason, Emma and Luke. Of course my mom has been glued to my side since I woke up a week ago; Jason didn’t leave also he slept on the small couch in my room; I insisted he goes home, but he wouldn’t budge. It was nice having them there but I was sick and tired of being in bed all day, and I really wanted to go home back to my room.

I even missed school and my friends. Unfortunately, I was going to have to stay here another 10 days because I was having an operation to remove the spikes from my leg and after that I well be wearing a cast for another month, which to me really sucked.

“Rach you want something to eat, Luke’s going to grab us some lunch. What are you in the mood for?” Jason asked from where he was sitting on the chair on my right; he has been so helpful and caring this past week.

“Umm… Pizza?”  I said sheepishly, it’s the only thing I’m addicted to. I’ve been forcing them to get me from Ray’s pizza all week now, I’m sure I was going to be as fat as a cow by the time I get out of here, but frankly I didn’t care.

He chuckled at that “Sure thing babe.”

Luke and Emma got up and left to get us our lunch and my mom went out to answer her phone, which left me alone with Jason. We didn’t have much of a chance to spend any alone time together since all this happened.

“So…” I asked suddenly feeling nervous from the stretching silence.

“Rach I need to tell you something, well actually several things. And I just really need to get them of my chest and you don’t have to talk just listen.” He wasn’t looking at me when he talked and I could sense that he was a little uneasy.

“Of course you can tell me anything.” I said laying my hand on top of his, he immediately looked up and gave me a small smile.

“Ok…ok...” I had never seen him this nervous before in my life it was kinda cute. His face had a confused and frightened expression on it.

“Jason it’s okay just spit it out.” our eyes locked and then he those five life changing words.

“Well the thing is…Rachael I’m in love with you...” I felt my heart beat pick up my jaw was probably hanging open right now, I was in shock.

                                                                   ********************

(Jason’s P.O.V)

“Jason it’s ok just spit it out” she said.

I took a deep breathe, here goes nothing. “Well the thing is… Rachael I’m in love with you.

Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped, I didn’t know if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

Did she not love me? Was I crazy to think that she did, that she felt that way about me?

These questions ran through my head; she wasn’t saying anything, which in return was freaking me out even more.

“Oh god I knew I was crazy to think you felt the same way! I take it back… I’m sorry!  We’ll just pretend nothing happened okay?” I stood up and moved to the window.

I’m such an idiot...

“I love you too.” I heard her state from behind me; I quickly turned around, and stared at her. She was smiling at me.

“You… love me?” I just needed to make sure I heard her right. I moved a little closer to her side.

“Yeah I love you, you idiot.” I couldn’t contain my joy, I reached out and took her hand in my mine, she loved me. This beautiful incredible person loved me, the idiot who took him 15 years to notice her. To notice this amazing gift in front of him.

“Rach I’m so sorry it took me so long to realize it.” I sat on the bed with my face facing hers.

“I was an ass for not seeing what was right there in front of me; I was too busy looking for the one when you were there all along. And when I finally realized it was you that I wanted; you had the accident and I almost lost you. And now I can’t keep it in any longer. Rachael William Simpson, I love you so much.” I kissed her hand, and I saw tears running down her face. I whipped them away with my thumb.

Jason Allen Sharp, I love you, too.” She said raising her other hand and cupped my cheek.

A feeling of joy and completion filled me, as if I finally found that missing part of me after all these years. Who would have thought those three simple words can change your life in a second.

“You know I didn’t plan on telling you this way, it was supposed to big like this big romantic gesture.” I traced soothing circles on her hand.

“I don’t care about that stuff, you know that.” She gave me one of her beautiful smiles.

“I know, but you deserve the best. I wanted it to be special for you.” She did deserve the better things in life. And I promised myself that I would give her everything she needed from now on.

“Jason as long as it’s from you it is special.” She gave my hand a little squeeze. “Can I ask you a favor?” she said smiling slyly at me.

“Of course anything baby.”

“Can I have a kiss?” she wiggled her eyebrows at me and I grinned. I leaned in slowly and when I was inches away from her lips I looked up at her eyes one last time before covering her lips with mine.

Her lips were so soft beneath mine, I’ve dreamed about this moment, but it was never as good as the real thing. Her hands glided up my chest and entwined in my hair, and I placed my hand on the back of her neck. This was our first kiss, and it was just perfect. Until…

“Hey we’re back! Sorry we’re late, but there was a line in the wooooh...” I turned around in time to see Luke at the door holding a box of pizza with his mouth hanging open. Emma was beside him grinning from ear to ear. I turned around to Rachael again her cheeks were flushed and her lips were a little swollen. She was so beautiful at that moment.

“Well I guess we gave them a dinner and a show.” I winked at her and she just laughed.

_______________________________________________________________

VOTE FOR JASN AND RACHAEL THEY FINALLY KISSED :D