Chapter Eighteen

{"I must have done something right, To deserve You in my life. I must have done something right along the way." }

_____________________________________________________________________

(Rachael’s P.O.V)

It was Monday, I was still sleeping but I was so hot; it felt like I was under a mountain of covers. I started pushing my cover down, but I still felt the heat and there was something solid near me. I cracked open my eyes to see a hand around my waist.

Ok stay calm… I mean if he was a burglar he wouldn’t lay in bed with me. I turned around in my bed to meet Jason’s eyes.

“Umm… Hi.” Ok this is beyond weird, even for him.

“Good morning beautiful.” He leaned in and kissed my forehead.

“Ok I don’t want to sound rude or anything, but what the hell are you doing in my bed?” I was still in his arms facing him. He just laid there smiling.

“Well I came in early, and your mom let me in. and when I came up here, I didn’t have the guts to wake you up, you were so cute laying there.” he pinched my cheek. 

“And you couldn’t just sit on the chair.”

What the hell is wrong with him, he’s been acting weird since the party?

“I was a little tired, so I climbed in.” he checked his watch. “Well you better get up; we don’t want to be let for school.” He got up and headed down stairs.

I just sat there in bed, wondering if my friends have all lost it. I finally got up, washed, got dressed and we both headed to Jason’s car.

“Hey you wanna hang out tonight just the two of us?” Jason asked as he started down the road to our school.

“What about Lauren won’t she be mad that you’re hanging out with me a lot lately.” don’t get me wrong I love spending time with him, but he has a girlfriend.

“Actually we broke up yesterday morning.” he glanced over just in time to see my shocked face.

“Why didn’t you tell me?! We spent all day together and the topic didn’t once cross your mind.” I didn’t realize we were at school now. Jason turned off the engine and turned to me.

“I just didn’t think it was a big deal.” He shrugged.

Oh my god!! Guys are so bloody cold.

“Not a big deal? Jason she was the first serious girlfriend you had in… forever.” I was waving my hands in the air, trying my hardest not to chocke him to death. 

“Rachael I never really loved her. Don’t get me wrong I loved spending time with her, but I realized she wasn’t the right one for me.”  He just looked at me with those blue eyes of his and I felt the whole world around us disappear. Of course the bell had to ruin it for me.

Stupid bell...

“If you say so.” I gave him a little smile, and got out of the car. He came around placed his arm around me shoulder and we head to our first class.

The day passed on like a blur to me. And soon it was our lunch break. We all sat at our usual table, I was between Jason and Emma; with Luke and Taylor sitting next to Jason. I was talking to Emma about a prom dress I saw, that I really wanted to buy. It was a long strapless, black & navy blue dress. I realized as soon I said the words “prom” Jason turned his attention to us.