Chapter Twenty One

sorry guys I still need to proof read it ,I'll work on it . But I couldn't wait I had to upload it. :)) and sorry again ,enjoy

{Sometimes I wonder if life is really worth it, then I look at your smile and I know it is.}

___________________________________________________________________

(Jason's P.O.V)

It's been two weeks since the accident, but Rachael still didn't wake up. The doctor said it was from the shock and the blood loss she had suffered from, that all we can do now is wait and see. We basically sat around all day with her: me, Emma (which was discharged from the hospital a week prior) and Luke.

Her mom took the afternoon shift at work while we sat there talking to her or just listening to her favorite music. Since the hospital refused to let us in during the school hours, I had to attend. Even though, my mind was still stuck on Rachael all the time while I'm in class or while I was at practice (which I seem to be missing a lot lately).

We had a month left before graduation with our last game and prom a week before that. We also attended Jeff Leman's trial, the drunk driver who hit them, he was fined and sentenced to 8 years in jail. When I saw him there at the court house, I wanted to murder him for what he did to Rachael and the pain he caused us. Unfortunately, Mrs. Simpson held on to my hand the entire time, as if she sensed that I would do harm to him if she let go.

Today was a Saturday and we were all just hanging out at Rachael's room, talking about the time when we all went camping with Emma's parents. And how the girls sat on poison Ivy and ended up covered with huge red spots, so they were itching all week long.

"Oh don't remind me." Emma covered her face up with her hands. She was sitting on the chair on Rachael's right while I was on the left. Luke was sitting at the edge of the bed near Emma.

"Remember you two had to lie on your stomach all week, coz they had to put lotion on your back-side." I reminded her, Emma's face went completely red.

"You guys suck." She grumbled so Luke captured her hand and kissed it.

"Honey you looked adorable with that white stuff covering your face." He gave her a wink.

Seeing the two of them happy, made me a little mad. Of course they're my friends and I would never want anything to happen to them, but still I was a little jealous of them. I wanted me and Rachael to share moments like these, to comfort her when she was embarrassed.

"Hey dude, we have to go it's getting late. Are you going to be ok?" Luke asked breaking me free of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'll see you tomorrow." I give them a reassuring smile, as not to worry. Emma was still weak and tired, so she needed her rest.

"See yaa baby." She came over and gave me a hug, before they both left. "I guess it's just you and me." I moved my chair a little closer to Rachael; I reached out and held her hand.