Chapter Seventeen

{You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with}

_____________________________________________________________________

(Jason’s P.O.V)

I opened my eyes and immediately  felt like there were hammers in my head. I eased myself of the couch, and stretched out the cramps from my shoulder. I felt sick to my stomach, my mouth was so dry and I felt like shit. I made my way to the kitchen; I stopped short when I saw Lauren at the counter eating some cereal and a cup of coffee in front of her. She looked up with a smile on her face.

“Hey it’s the incredible Hulk.” She  teased.

“Hey…” I couldn’t even mange to say that, I tried to clear my throat but it didn’t help. I just waved a hand at her and opened one of the drawers. I tookout  2 aspirin pills and drank them with some water. Maybe it to could ease the pain a bit. I took the seat next to her; and she felled a cup of coffee for me.

“Thanks.” I rasped out. 

“So how did you sleep?” she raised a hand and brushed my hair, but quickly retrieved it.

“Ok I guess, but right now I seriously just want to crawl under something and die.”

“Cheer up, you’ll feel better soon.” She gave me a small smile, and went back to eating. I downed my coffee and started to get up. I needed a shower and a change of clothes, but her hand grabbed mine and I turned around.

“Jason we need to talk.” Crap that’s never good.

“Yeah, sure. What’s up?” I took my seat again and turned around to face her. She was playing with her spoon making circleing motions with her cereal.

“I’m going to ask you something and I want you to be honest with me.” she looked over, and I just nodded.

“Do you love Rachael?” she held my gaze.

“Of course she’s my friend.” I stated.

“I mean do you love her more than a friend? And please answer honestly.”

“I..t.. I don’t know.” I didn’t see that coming.

Oh god! Am I in love with Rachael? As if she was a bloody mind reader.

“I think you do know, but for some reason you’re in denial about it.” Why is she smiling? That means that I don’t love her.

“And how do you know that I love her?” I really wanted to know because I was completely at a loss with my feelings.

“From the moment I met you, you wouldn’t shut up about her. Then when we hung out you would keep glancing at her. And yesterday just proved how much you cared for her, I mean you were going to kill that guy. It was obvious to everyone around that you love her.” She placed her hand on mine. “And she loves you, too.” I was completely at a loss for words.

Was it that obvious? How didn’t I notice that before? Could it be that simple I loved Rachael?

It wasn’t a question anymore: I loved Rachael. The idea brought a smile to my face; I couldn’t contain the joy I felt at that moment. It’s when I realized Lauren was still there, looking at me.

“Lauren I’m so sorry.” And I really was, she was a great person.

“It’s fine really. I’m just glad you found your princess in time.” She got up gave me a hug and whispered in my ear. “Don’t blow it Jay.” she winked at me and left.