Chapter Three

{Because of you... I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a little more.}

__________________________________________________________

"Good morning sunshine." I saw my mom place a plate of scrambled eggs in front of my seat at the kitchen table.

"Good morning." I bend down and give her a kiss on the cheek. My mom was a petite women, she was short, but surprisingly strong. Ever since my dad died when I was 8 she had to provide for me and my older brother Dylan, who is now a third year med student, he's currently in Africa with doctors without borders. I miss him a lot, but the only why we could talk to him was through letters.

I looked over to where my mom was busy making coffee, I can't help but admire her; I keep asking myself how she could keep it together when life keeps pulling her down.

First my dad dies in a car accident on his way home. Then she gets fired from her job, and she had to find two more jobs just to keep our house. In all the 10 years she's been single, she never once went on a date, which surprised me because my mom was only 42 years-old and still very beautiful. She had hazel colored eyes and blond curly hair, my dad always said that I was the spitting image of my mom when she was I child , but I had light green eyes which I got from him.

 "You better eat up; I think I hear Jason coming." Sure enough I see Jason walking in the kitchen wearing a pair of dark jeans and a red polo shirt which clung to his perfect body.

 "Hey Mrs .S, you look lovely this morning." He bent down and placed a kiss on her forehead.

 Then turned to me with a grin "and you are going to change before we go." He then kissed me on the forehead, too.

 I looked down at the clothes; I was wearing a pair of black shorts and a white tank top with a picture of maroon 5 on it.

 "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I looked at him while stuffed a spoonful of eggs in my mouth. And thinking that all the girls wore clothes much worse, I mean at least mine covered all the essential areas.

 "Well that top is see-through and the shorts are too short." He actually looked at me with a straight face.

 "First off all I'm not changing my outfit it's fine, nothing is too short or see-through. Second, it's none of your business what I wear. And third are you ready to go? We're going to be late." With that I stood up, grabbed my red handbag and headed for the door.

 "Bye mom, love you." 

 "Bye Mrs.S" Jason ran after me.

 "You know I'm just looking out for you." He said from behind me.

 "I know that, but do you also know I'm not a baby for you to watch out over." I stood in front of his silver BMW M3 , waiting for him to open the doors but he just stood there looking at me with a weird expression on his face.

 "What?" I asked, getting a little uncomfortable with his piercing gaze on me.

 "I just don't want you to think that I'm being an ass when I say things like "put on more clothes, or don't go out with that guy and stuff." I just don't want to see you get hurt."

 It's when he says things like that to me, which show me how much he cares, that make me fall for him even more.

 "I know jay, and you're not an ass." I walked over and gave him a hug.

 "I think we should go now before we get a tardy slip." I moved to open the car door, but turned around and gave him the sweetest smile ever and said "Peanut" with a wink.

 "Oh come on you know I hate that stupid nickname." I heard him whining as he got in the car, started it and sped of to our school.

Fifteen minutes later

 "Wow, made it." I took a deep breath and walked in to my first class.

"You know Rach you need to chill," Jason walked in like he owned the place and took a seat next to me.

 "Easy for you to say your royal highness, some of us peasants don't have the luxury of getting detention for being late." I needed to keep my file clean for college, that meant no skipping classes or detentions. 

 You see Jason's the captain of the football team, so everyone cherished him. By that I mean no detention, extended time on his homework, even better food from the cafeteria (the lunch ladies loved him).

 "Hey Jay my man, I heard you ditched Amanda last night. What's up with that?" I saw Taylor taking a seat next to Jason.

 "Yeah , wasn't in the mood to babysit anyone." Jason answered, shrugging his shoulders. 

"Whatever man." Taylor turned to me with a devilish smile. "So Rach when is cheerleading practice today? You know how I love watching you guys do your thing." He ended that comment with a wink.

 "Taylor you're such a perv." I ignore his question and took out my cellphone to check on Adam. I quickly typed in a massage, before the teacher showed up.

*Rachael: good morning sleeping beauty :p *

*Adam: so that makes you what... prince charming ;)*

*Rachael: lol when am I gonna see u again... I already miss u :(*

*Adam: I miss u too. I'll stop by tomorrow I'm a little busy today with the tutoring.*

*Rachael: ok, ttyl :)*

*Adam: ok babe :)*

 "So no Adam tonight?" I turned around to see Jason staring at me.

 "No, it's just you and me tonight." I gave him a smile before turning my attention to the teacher who just came in, but really my thoughts were on Adam. Maybe I could pass by his place with some snacks for him; he wouldn't mind I'm sure.

_______________________________________________________________________

 Check out my New Story "Wanted"... it's a drama/romance/teen-fic kinda story. (not a cliche)

Vote If You THink somethings going on wih Adam 0_0