Chapter Ten

{We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.}

_________________________________________

(Jason’s P.O.V)

It was 7:22 p.m. I was a little early, but honestly I couldn’t wait any longer to see Lauren again. I walked to the front door and knocked. Within a few minutes the door opened and Lauren was standing there beaming up at me.

I don’t know if it was the light coming from the house, but at that moment she was glowing. She was wearing a simple yellow dress that reached her knees with a white belt around the waist, she left her wavy hair down, which only added to her beauty.

 “Hey there stranger.” her voice was so welcoming.

 “Hey, these are for you.” I handed her a bouquet of white lilies.

 “Thanks, they’re beautiful.” She smelled them, before smiling at me again. 

 “I feel a little underdressed.” I scratch the back of my head, a nervous habit Rachael pointed out to me a long time ago, but it was an impulse thing I couldn’t stop.

 I was wearing the outfit Rachael picked out for me a navy blue shirt, rolled to the elbows and a pair of black denim jeans.

 “You look handsome.” She leaned up and gave me a peck on the cheek, then started walking to the car. It took me a while to start functioning again; I ran in front of her and opened the door.

 “Thank you” she said and I was rewarded with another smile.

.

On the way to the restaurant we mainly talked about our likes and dislikes. I found out that she has two younger brothers Zane and Alex, her favorite bands were maroon 5 and Metallica which were mine, too. And she loved Italian food, but hated sports which kinda bumbed me out a bit. Since I am the captain of the football team.

We reached the restaurant, and the waiter showed us to our table. It was located near a window, giving us a beautiful view of the beach. The place wasn’t really that big, it was cozy and romantic. I pulled out her chair then sat across from her.

 After the waiter left she turned to me, and I could see that something was bothering her.

 “What’s wrong?” it’s been five minutes and I already screwed this up.

 “It’s nothing really. It’s just that you didn’t have to take me here, it’s really expensive.” she said in a low voice.

 “Hey, it’s fine. You deserve nothing but the best. Besides the owner Mr. Cooper is a friend of my dad, so we get a discount.” Finally I could see she was a little relaxed. She even gave me one of her dazzling smiles.

 “So umm….are you..having fun?” oh god I sounded like complete idiot.

 “You know for a hot guy, you’re not that smooth.” she said that and a faint blush came to her cheek.

 “Thank you I guess.” I chuckled at that comment. 

 “You’re welcome, and aren’t you supposed to complement me not the other way around.” she was looking at the menu now.

She thinks I’m hot? Ok time to turn on the charm.

 “Well you’re just so beautiful I don’t know where to begin.” I gave her a smile before continuing my attempt at winning her with my words. “You know from the first moment I saw you, you just took my breath away.”

 “Thank you.” She reached out and grabbed my hand; her skin was so soft and warm. I couldn’t resist, I raised her hand to my lips. And brushed them against her knuckles.

 “We better order before the waiter kicks us out,” I said lying her hand down, and turning my attention back to the menu.

Two hours later.

“Oh my god that was amazing.” We were walking hand in hand on the beach now. The sand was warm under our feet, and the ocean reflected the moonlight beautifully . Everything was perfect.

“I know what you mean I can barely walk from that molten chocolate cake we ordered. I could just pass out right now.” With that I grab her by the waist while lifting her feet of the ground. I started turning us around until she begged me to stop. I then slowly laid her down on the sand, we were both laughing so hard.

I was now on top of her, at that thought I sobered up immediately and so did she. Our eyes locked, I leaned my head down slowly to give her a chance to stop me if she wanted. Thank god she didn’t, at first I only brushed my lips lightly against hers, but the second kiss was hot as I pressed my lips hard on hers; with that she wrapped her arms around my nick. We were so into the kiss that I didn’t notice my phone was ringing.

“Maybe you should answer it.” her breath was labored when she spoke.

 I sat up next to her, and pulled my cell out of my pants.

 “Hello.” I cleared my throat.

 “Hey man its Luke. So how’s the date going?” Lauren was now sitting next to me fixing her hair, or trying to anyways.

 “It’s going great.”I said, smirking at Lauren. 

 “Well hey Chase is throwing a party at his place right now, so why don’t you grab your girl and come meet us.” I could hear the music blasting in the background. 

 “Who’s “us”?” I’m not ready to introduce her to my friends, I mean there’s nothing wrong with them; but they do come on a little too strong sometimes.

 “The usually me, Emma, Rach and Taylor.” he said with a bored voice. 

 “Give me a sec.” I turned around to Lauren with a smile. “Listen my friends are having a party wanna go?” If she says yes, that means a little more time with her.

“Yeah... Sounds great, but I have to be home at eleven.” I gave her a thumbs up and a smiled before turning back to Luke “hey man we’ll be there in ten minutes.” 

 _____________________________________________________________________

Vote if you want to hit Jason on the head for being and idiot :/