Chapter Twenty

sorry i was late in uploading this . i had a hard time writing it. (and it's just a filler , so don't worry the next chapter will be better)

And it still needs editing i know... 

VOTE IF YOU WISH RACHAEL ALL THE BEST :D

 ___________________________________________________________

{Eventually all the pieces will fall into place, until then... laugh at the confusion, live for the moment and know that everything happens for a reason.}

(Jason’s P.O.V)

I was on the other side of the room, on the floor; I couldn’t stand the sight of them shocking her over and over. I closed my eyes trying to block out the world. And Rachael’s face appeared before me, she was smiling her eyes sparkled with mischief; she was fine. A small hand was placed on my shoulder I look up to see Mrs. S smiling down at me. “She’s fine, she’s fine.” Tears were streaming down her face; I looked over to where the doctors were standing.

“We have a strong pules here people.” Dr. Crater announced; he smiled over at us “she’s a fighter I can tell.” With that they got their equipment and cleared out of the room only a nurse stayed to check on her IV's.

I was still on the ground completely shocked over what happened, but her mom quickly ran over to her; kissing her hands and moving her hair away from her face. Luke came over and sat next to me on the cold floor. He placed his hand on my shoulder and gave it a squeeze; I was still trying to understand how this happened. How can I talk to her one second and almost lose her in anther.

I cleared my throat before asking Luke a question. “Did they tell you what happened?”

“Yeah, a drunk driver ran a red light and crashed into them.” I can hear the anger in his voice.

“What will they do to him?” I looked over at him.

“I think he’s going to be fined for $10,000 and he’ll get locked up for 6 years. Since apparently this was his third DUI and he was driving without a license.” He ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

In all my life I’ve never seen Luke lose his cool, but when it came to Emma he would kill anyone who hurt her. And I was with him on the killing part. That basterd should die for what he did, for hurting them.

I glanced over at Rachael, there was a tube down her throat helping her breath, and her leg was also messed up with spikes placed in it for support. I stood up and walked over to her, she looked peaceful like she wasn’t in any pain. Things had to be ok; I didn’t have my parents around, so Rachael was my everything. My only line to true happiness, I leaned over and placed a kiss on her forehead. She was so warm.

“Don’t worry baby, I won’t let you go without a fight.” I whispered to her.

We heard a knock on the door, before it opened and Dr. Carter came inside with a sympathetic smile on his face.

“Hey Jason sorry I need you to leave for a moment, I would like to talk to Mrs. Simpson for a sec.”

“It’s ok I want him to stay.” She walked over and held my hand in hers. I was glad because I wasn’t going to leave Rach’s side either way. I needed to know what was going on with her.

“Ok then.” He opened up Rachael’s chart, gave it a quick scan and looked up at us again. “Well I have some good news and bad news. The good news is we were able to stop the bleeding and repair her spleen without any problems. The bad news I’m afraid is that we have to take her to surgery again for her knee. We didn’t have a lot of time because we had to take her out of sedation before, so we couldn’t complete the operation.” He stopped to take a breath of air and to give us time for the information to sink in.