Chapter Twenty Four (the surprise)

• Dedicated to My Fans

{Everyday that goes by it seems like I discover something new about you to love it's incredible to me how one person can make such a big difference in my life, you touch me in a way no one else ever has and gave me so many reasons to love you.} - Jason.S to Rachael.S

_____________________________________________________________________

(Rachael’s P.O.V)

I was finally going home today, I had my surgery two days ago and I was discharged. I still had to wear a cast for a month then after that I’ll have to do the physical therapy to regain the strength back in my leg. I was hopped up on pain killers most of the time now, but I can’t complain.

We pulled up in front of my house Jason got out of the car and went to open my door, I was sitting in the back so I could stretch out my leg and Dylan sat up front.

“Welcome home baby.” Jason said as he opened the door for me.

“It’s good to be home.” I gave a sight of content. He reached in putting one arm under my knees and the other on my back. He straightened and I wrapped my arms around his neck, Dylan went ahead of us to open the door. I could hear sounds coming from inside. I knew they were throwing me a welcome home party.

“Surprise!!!” everyone shouted as we entered. And when I say everyone I mean everyone I know from my cheerleading squad to the football players and even doctor Carter was there standing next to my mom. The two of them have been getting closer while I was staying at the hospital, I mean I’m really happy my mom found someone like Dr. Carter he’s a great guy.

Jason placed me on my wheelchair, near the couch so my friends could sit and talk to me. Jason, the good boyfriend that he is, never left my side. He got me food, drinks even a pillow to place behind my back.

“Hey honey… do you need anything else?” he asked me placing his hand on my shoulder.

“I need you to relax and have some fun, why don’t you go hang out with the guys?” I did a little shooing gesture with my hand and he left, but not before leaning in and giving me a peck on the cheek.

The party was great I got to see all my friends, but I was getting a little tired so my mom kicked everyone out when she saw me yawning. It was still 8 p.m. so Jason and I decided to watch a movie in my room. He carried me up the stairs, bridle style, and placed me on my bed.

“So what do you want to watch?” he asked moving to my DvD collection on the book case.

“How about… “Maid of honor”” we both said it at the same time.

He popped in the movie and laid down beside me on the bed and I rested my head on his chest. I loved hearing he’s heartbeats it calmed me in a way, just knowing he’s alive and well was comforting to me.

We watched the movie in silence, laughing at the funny scenes. We always had this joke that the movie was about us in a way. That I would be his best man and he would be my maid of honor.

When the movie ended Jason started to get up and I felt sad.

“Do you have to go?” I turned on the sad puppy dog look.

“I’m sorry honey, but your brother would kill me if I stayed. How’s this I will be here first thing in the morning ok?” he said giving one of his heartbreaking smiles.

“Fine…” I smiled back; he leaned down and placed his lips against mine for a brief moment, they were so warm and soft.

“Goodnight Rachi.” He waved to me before turning off the lights.