"Yes, I am a neo-natal surgeon in Chicago, it was hard, but I accomplished my dreams."

"So now you're Doctor Tara Knowles that has a nice ring to it," Jax commented before there was a lapse in silence.

All Jax could think was that she used to be his whole world, the whole I'm going to shoot myself crazy type of relationship. Looking back on it, he knew it wasn't healthy for either of them.

Tara cleared her throat before she spoke, "Look, Jax, I'm sorry with how I left, and then I never tried to –"

"Hey," Jax interrupted, "it's the past, now. No hard feelings...if you would have stayed you would never have achieved what you wanted and Delilah and my boy wouldn't be in my life."

He watched Tara nod her head and seemed to accept his words. "How long have you and Delilah been together?"

"Eh, not long actually, it's not the most convenient romance. I must admit," Jax said self-consciously.

"Oh Jax I don't mean to pry, I am just surprised Don and Lip let this happen," Tara said worried she overstepped a boundary.

"Just trust me I was scared for a little bit and I am still on edge around Don. Lip is another story"

Tara released a small laugh, "Well both are boxers."

"Don't remind me. So how long are you in Charming?"

"My dad, he is fading fast. So I don't expect too long, but I am on family leave so I don't have a set timetable."

Jax placed a comforting hand on Tara's shoulder, "Shit, Tara, I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Tara said, giving him another smile.

Jax looked at Tara and gave her a sad smile as he thought about how he used to love her so much. How he thought he would never love someone as much as he loved her. Then he thought about how she gutted him by leaving. He thought about how he was a shitty boyfriend for not supporting her in wanting to make a life for herself while he had a pity party for himself that she wanted a life outside of him. He would always love her; that was something he would never deny. He would never repudiate how much she meant to him. But he didn't love her the way he loved Delilah and seeing Tara made it abundantly clear.

"I'm sorry, Tara."

Tara's smile instantly turned to a confused frown, "For what?"

"Because I was a shitty boyfriend for not supporting you for wanting to go to school to be a surgeon," Jax stated.

"Jax, really, now thinking about it, it was for the best, I hate how we ended it, but it was for the best."

"That's why I want to thank you," Jax said sincerely. "I want to thank you for leaving because then we wouldn't be here."

Tara responded by giving him a bittersweet smile and he could tell his words had lifted a weight off her shoulders, "You're going to make a great father Jax, but you make sure you treat Delilah right."

"I bet you didn't expect that though," Jax said with a smile referencing him and Delilah.

"I've seen stranger pairings," Tara said replying with her smile. "Well, I think I took enough of your time. It was good seeing you, Jax."

Just for old-time sake, Jax brought Tara into a friendly hug, "I am proud of you Tara and those babies are lucky to have you as a doctor."

Tara pulled back from the hug, "Your son is lucky to have you as a father. I am sure I will see you around since Charming is so small, but take care Jax and give Delilah my best wishes as well."