Initiation

-=Obi-Wan's P.O.V=-

It does feel good to have a comfortable bed again. We all woke up at the same time. I checked the uhh... the uhhh..... blast what was it called? A scroll! There we go. I checked a message that Ozpin had sent me.

"What is it master?" Anakin asked me as he yawned.

"It's the headmaster. He wants us meet him at Beacon cliffs as soon as possible for initiation."

"Hey... where's Rex?" Anakin wondered. We all were wondering. He doesn't usually leave like that. Yet again he doesn't sleep in... at all.

"I'll contact him." I picked up my comm link to see if he's there.

"Captain Rex this is Obi-Wan, where are you?"

"Out by the east courtyard talking to Ruby. Do you need me sir?"

"Yes we do. Professor Ozpin needs us at Beacon cliffs for initiation."

"Initiation sir?"

"The Jedi Order did the same for us."

"Good point sir. I'll be there."

Rex came back and got armed for this. I must say this was different for us. We came to Beacon cliffs where Ozpin and Glynda were standing.

"Thank you for coming. If you would please stand on these." Ozpin greeted us like any other person we've met. These square things were launch pads. I could sense the spring mechanism ready to lauch.

"In the middle of this forest you will find an abandoned temple, in it there are relics you must claim. Beware, the forest is filled with the creatures of Grimm. Do not hesitate to destroy anything in your path. Are you ready?" We were prepared for this trial. It may not be as subtle as Jedi initiations but this is more interesting.

"I am professor." I told him.

"Sir yes sir." Rex told Ozpin.

"Sounds fun." Anakin said with a smirk.

"I am sir. And you always think life risking missions is fun." Ahsoka told him.

"Hey Rex?" Anakin asked him.

"Yes general?"

"Remember Geonosis?"

"Oh don't even get me started." Rex grunted at the thought.

"Care to explain?" I asked him.

"He threw me off a 5 story wall surrounded by droids. He threw explosives in there and with little time he lifted me up and dropped me." Rex explained the whole deal behind that. Of course Anakin busted out laughing.

"Like I said the last time sir, you could've asked." Rex said with his jaw locked in place.

"Like I said the last time, where's the fun in that?" Anakin chuckled. "Hey I caught you didn't I?"

"I don't think I'll get court marshalled if I stun your-" Ozpin interrupted the argument.

"Take your positions!" That quickly snapped them to the situation at hand.

-=3rd person P.O.V=-

Landing was easy for the 3 Jedi considering they have the Force to soften their lands. Rex had a different soultion. When he was getting closer to the ground he attached a grappling hook to his pistol and quickly attached to a tree branch allowing him to swing down softly without killing himself. Upon landing he found the ship they crashed in and salvaged as much munitions as possible.

Obi-Wan found Rex walking torwards the temple with a rocket launcher on his back.

"Captain!" Obi-Wan got his attention and he turned around to face him.

"Ahh, there you are general. Let's get to the temple."

"I couldn't agree more. Let's go."

They made their way to the temple while Ahsoka was cutting down Beowolves piece by piece with her 2 light sabers. One of them caught her off guard but before the Grimm could do anything a blue blade went through his chest. When the Beowolf fell to the ground, Ahsoka's master appeared.

"Hey snips. Having fun?"

"Hey master. These things are much more fun to kill than trashing those clankers." She said with a smirk.

"C'mon, let's find the temple."

Meanwhile Ozpin and Glynda were spectating their progress.

"They are progressing much faster than most others we've taught." Glynda pointed out.

"Yes, they are. However we must not forget that they are much older and far more experienced. They were fighting a war before coming here."

Team RWBY, along with team JNPR and NLSR.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?" Glynda asked them with a slight tone of annoyance.

"You never came to class." Ruby stated.

"Oh... well come watch before we go."

The four found the temple with the relics on the pedistals.

"Chess pieces?" Ahsoka was curious. They all were. They didn't look much like relics but they just went along with it.

"General we got company!" Rex said as he pointed at the Nevermore flying torwards them. It shot it's massive feathers at the group causing them run for cover.

"Any ideas?" Ahsoka asked.

Anakin looked around and noticed the launcher Rex had.

"Rex your rockets, get them ready! Let's reach out with the Force and ground him!" They used what strength they had to force the Nevermore to the ground. "Rex!"

"On it! Open wide big boy!" The creature opened his large mouth and shot a rocket into it causing his head to explode while the rest of his body slowly disolved. After they retrieved the relics they returned to Beacon to be made into a new team.

"Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Captain Rex, and Obi-Wan Kenobi. You four retrieved the black rook pieces, from this day fourth you be known as team AARO, (Arrow) led by... Anakin Skywalker." Ozpin gave his speech announcing the new team to Beacon.

"Thank you Professor." Anakin stood with his hands behind his back

"Remember Anakin, you have a big responsibility ahead of you. Leading can at times have negative impacts."

"With all do respect Professor, I've led an entire army. Leading a small team won't be as difficult as you think."

"Very well then. Than I suggest you lead that team."

"We won't let you down."

"I should have no reason to think you won't. Team AARO you are dismissed. Classes are no longer in session due to your initiation. Take the rest of the day off. You've earned it."