Prologue

Everyone knows that falling in love with your best friend is a big mistake. But when you have a best friend like Lauren Jauregui, its deemed impossible for you to not. And Camila Cabello is just another victim of love.

They met in art class, Camila and Lauren. The second those piercing green eyes met her chocolate brown eyes, she knew she was in trouble. But that didn't stop Camila, no. It only made her want to investigate the raven haired girl. Maybe that was Camila's downfall.

Camila denied her feeling from the start. She didn't want to have feelings for her friend, but she knew it would be inevitable. Lauren was just the type of person who anyone could love on a romantic level, and Camila was one of them.

Lauren, of course, was oblivious to it all. The loving stares Camila gave her, the way Camila's ears perked up whenever Lauren spoke, the way Camila defended her over the simplest things- she never noticed. But that's because she's already in love with her girlfriend, Lucy Vives.

They've been together since their sophomore year of high school. Lauren and Lucy were the "it" couple of Miami High. Camila knew this, that's why her feelings were constantly denied by her conscience.

Now, being a freshman at Duke University at the fresh age of 19, Camila doesn't know whether to pursue Lauren's love, or to just give up. Her feelings continue to blossom, all the while, she's starting to lose hope.

But for Lauren, being a freshman at the same college at 20, she thinks she has her whole life figured out. She had some complications financially and some family issues, ultimately setting herself back. Now that she's on the road to success, however, Lauren thinks that nothing can stand in her way.

She was waiting for her art class to start when a petite, brown eyed girl stumbled into the classroom. Lauren thought she was beautiful, but she also couldn't help but think how much she reminded her of her girlfriend back in Miami, Florida. God, she missed her terribly.

They immediately hit it off. Before they knew it, they were the most important people in each other's lives. After Lucy, of course.

Lauren felt her intimidating demeanor wear off, leaving her cuddly personality. They often held hands going to class or out to the pizza parlor after class, cuddled, kissed each other on the cheek- everything friends would do, they did too.

After some time, Camila stopped doing those things with Lauren. Why? Well, Lauren has yet to find out. Any time Lauren goes to hold her hand, Camila busies said hand by holding her phone or grabbing something to hold onto. Any time Lauren goes to wrap her arm around Camila in an attempt to pull her closer, she scoots away and pretends like nothing happened. Anytime Lauren goes to hug Camila or kiss her cheek when she's leaving her dorm, Camila mumbles a quick 'goodbye' and rushes out the door.

Lauren would be lying if she said it didn't hurt. She has no idea why her friend is acting in such a way. She hates that her once very close friend is slipping out of her grasp. She doesn't know if it was something she did or said, or if Camila just doesn't want to be her friend anymore.

Can Lauren find out why before its too late?

~~~

Hello again (:

So this was just a little teaser of whats to come in the next week or so, but don't take my word for it. I just want to forewarn you guys, I am involved in sports and school starts in a few days SO don't freak out on me if updates aren't as frequent as you want them to be.

Tomorrow is my birthday, WHOOP!

Yes, the chapters will be longer than this. This was just an extended version of the description basically. I hope you liked it nonetheless.

For the first time in my new fanfic,

-Lily <3