Chapter Twenty Three

GUYS, 1,15K READS AND 100+ FOLLOWERS!! THIS IS INSANE. THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH! I CAN'T EXPRESS MY APPRECIATION.

Just a friendly reminder: I've entered HS into the Wattys2016, so I would really, really, REALLY appreciate any support, whether it be voting or commenting!

- - - - -

Sam awoke to a blinding light stabbing at her eyes and a violent pounding at the back of her head.

She slowly sat up, painfully and stiffly, and raised a numb hand to her head, gently touching the tender flesh that was causing the pain.

When she brought her hand back in front of her face, there was no blood.

That's odd. What did Candice do?

Sam couldn't remember anything much since the short yet revealing conversation they had had earlier.

I'm going to kill you, Samantha.

What she also didn't understand was why Candice spat her name out, like she was a disgrace to the world, a bitter taste to her mouth.

And what had she ever done to Candice? She didn't even know Candice up until recently.

One thing was for sure, though: She was going to find out very soon.

Unlike before, Candice dumped her in an almost bare room and shut the door, leaving her crumbled on the floor.

Sam was just beginning to take in her surroundings when the door was kicked open.

Candice stood on the other side, a satisfied smirk gracing her lips.

"Well, Samantha, it seems that the time has finally come," she said as she gracefully walked into the room, her men following, looming over her short figure from behind.

Candice walked up to the chair that was in the room, and straddled it, turning it around to face her.

Sam sighed. "The time for answers to my questions?"

Candice lightly shook her head, but not in reply to Sam's question. It was more of a pitiful gesture.

Candice sighed. "Yes. That, of course. But other things I've planned, as well."

Candice clapped her hands and sucked in a breath. "Well then, we might as well get the easier part done first. What is it that you want to ask?"

Sam was taken aback. It seemed that since she was going to kill Sam, it didn't matter how she treated her.

This was the best treatment she'd gotten from Candice since they first met.

Sam stood up from her position, and sat on the makeshift bed instead. It was slightly better than the one Carter had.

During her many days spent alone in the room, Sam had a lot of time to think and piece things together.

And not forgetting the weeks they spent at George and Natt's cabin, too. It still pained her to think of them, so she preferred not to.