Chapter Thirteen

"Life is like a camera . . .

Focus on what's important.
Capture the good times.
Develop from the negatives.
And if things don't work out,
take another shot." -- Anonymous.

- - - - -

Ding, dong!

The bell rang repeatedly, not having stopped for the past five minutes.

Sam groaned. "I'm coming! Hold on a sec, please!"

She had all ready gotten out of bed when the bell rang the first time, but had to get done before going to open it.

"Doesn't this person have any patience at all?" she muttered under her breath.

She yanked the door open after unlocking it and once she realised who it was, glared at them.

They had their bags with them, she noted.

"Morning to you, too, Sam," Jeff's amused voice greeted her after several seconds of her saying nothing.

"Jeff," Megs hissed and drove an elbow into his side.

"How you doing, Sam?"

"Yeah, yeah, all good. Come in, guys."

She shut the door behind them and joined them in the kitchen.

Sam was surprised that they were here.

Megs wasn't supposed to come back for another week or so and Jeff was busy with work in the city.

"What brings you two here?"

"Where's Mum and Dad?" Megs asked.

"They're at work, Megs," Sam replied.

"Surely they would've stayed with all that's going on?"

"Yeah, well, I told them to go to work and carry on."

"So what d'you do at home the whole day, then? You're all alone, don't you get bored? Oh, and can't you go out with your friends? You need to tell me everything that's going on, Sam, I need to know. I can't believe this even happend. And to you of all people," Jeff said.

"What do you mean by 'to me of all people'?" she asked curiously.

"Oh, you know . . . never mind."

"But seriously, what brings you two here?"

"Mum and Dad said that since you're all alone and stuck in the house, the least we can do for you is to come here and keep you occupied," Megs said.

"Oh, no. I do go out with Chief from time to time. I'm not lonely, though, I keep myself busy. You guys didn't have to cut your hol short for me, y'know."

"But we wanted to. We don't mind, Sam. Spending time with you is super fun, besides, I never see you in a long, long time," Jeff argued.

"Yip, I agree with Jeff."

Sam rolled her eyes and a smile spread across her face.

She missed them too much to explain and was glad to have them here. They would also keep her very busy, no doubt about that, and she needed that right now.

Even though she has been occupying herself with things, that didn't stop her mind from wandering off, Jefferson and Megan would make sure that didn't happen.