Chapter Two

"Family means believing, loving and respecting each other." -- Anonymous.

- - - - -

The house was in chaos. Everyone was running right and left, upstairs and downstairs, inside and outside. All except one person -- Samantha.

Anne was leaving for two weeks because of her business and was running late. Ian had forgotten to pack her bags into the car and was rushing to do so now. Anne's sister and her husband, Anna and Jim, were panicking and helping out as much as they could. They had to drive Anne to the airport and hadn't realised that time flew by faster than they had expected.

Anne sighed and sat down in a chair opposite of Sam. Her delicate features looked stressed and her big brown eyes were worried. Her petite figure was hunched over the table and her head was in her small hands. Her short brown hair was a tangled mess and her clothes were disheveled.

She looked up at Sam. "You sure you okay with this?"

She nodded. "Ian will be here. I'll be fine, don't worry about me."

Anne let out another sigh and nodded, murmuring, "Okay."

Anna came up behind her and placed her small hand on her sister's shoulder. "We need to leave now, Anne. Let's go."

Sam followed Anne and Anna outside and waved at them as they got into the car. Jim was all ready in the driver's seat.

For some odd reason, Sam had always found it funny that her two Aunty's names were Anna and Anne.

Ian waved at them with one hand and slung his other arm around her wider-than-an-average-girl's shoulders.

They walked inside once the car was out of sight and sat at the kitchen table.

Ian let out a long sigh and yawned. "I need to go to the shop today. Is that okay? You'll be fine alone?" he asked her.

"Um, okay," she replied.

Then Ian sat up straight as if he had just thought of something. His eyes shone.

"Sam, would you like to work in the shop? You know, since you love photography and all that stuff," he asked her.

Sam perked up on hearing this. A smile spread across her face. "Really?"

"Well, yeah. You know how to work the things so it won't be a problem at all. Plus, you'll just get bored here alone at home."

"Okay, I'll work," she agreed, happiness flooding throughout her body. She felt excitement build up in the pit of her stomach and she felt as if she could bounce up and down.

"You don't have any plans, right?" Ian asked her.

Then it struck her that she did have plans with her friends.

"Actually, I do," she said, her smile slipping off.

"That's okay, Sam, don't worry. You can still go and hang out with your friends, you don't have to be at the shop all the time," Ian said, laughing as her smile returned to her face.

"Okay."

"You wanna go check it out now?" he asked her.

"Is it fine if I come a bit later today? I'm meeting up with all of them now," she said.

"Yeah, yeah, that's fine. See you later today, I need to go now," he said, getting up from his chair and kissing her forehead.

"Okay."