Chapter One

"Friendship is not about who you have known the longest, it's about who came and never left your side." -- Anonymous.

This entire book and all my writing is dedicated to AntraOnWP for inspiring me, motivating me, helping me with the title and for being inspiration for me from the first time I started writing. Thank you so much for everything.

And, guys, check out Antra's story "Started Off As Roommates". It's Romance and a really good read!

- - - - -

The bell rang, indicating the end of the period and also the end of ninth grade. Shouts of happiness echoed throughout the classroom and everyone buzzed with excitement, ready to leave behind a stressful school year.

Teachers tried their best to calm their classes down but realised that their attempts were useless and that they had gone unheard.

Excited teenagers left their classrooms and formed groups in the corridors, talking and laughing loudly amongst their friends. Some hugged goodbye and others made plans to meet in the holidays. A few stood by lockers, emptying it and cleaning it out instead of leaving like the rest were.

Amongst the chaos, two girls and one boy huddled in a corner -- one girl hiding a small bucket of yellow paint behind her --, and were trying to find a space to pass through and cross into the principle's office. They blended in with the crowd because of their uniform, going by unnoticed by those who passed them. Looking around cautiously, they saw their chance and they swiftly moved across the corridor, bumping into a few people and ignoring their protests, and slipped inside the principle's office, knowing that the door was open.

"You got the paint?" the boy asked the one girl quietly.

She nodded. "You sure the camera is switched off?" she asked just as quietly.

He glanced at the next girl and she nodded, pointing at the camera that was carefully hidden away.

The boy nodded and took the paint from her hand. He pulled out the chair that was neatly placed behind the desk and carefully got on and stood on it. He took a paintbrush out of his backpack that was slung across one shoulder and opened the lid of the small bucket of paint.

He dipped the paintbrush in and pulled it out again, smearing paint across the table. He then pulled out a nail and pushed it through a hole in the ceiling he had made earlier and then placed the bucket on the nail, making sure it did not fall. He soundlessly jumped off the chair, pushing it back into its place and left the paintbrush on the chair.

He then smiled knowingly at the two girls and gestured towards the door. "He's coming soon. Let's go before we get caught."

They walked towards the door and slowly pulled it open. The corridor was much more empty than earlier and they got out without anyone noticing them.

The three of them ran up the corridor, trying to be as quiet as possible. They took a right and went up a flight of stairs and walked towards a door that was directly on top of the principle's office.