I searched for the cold fire in his eyes and found out they were extinguish with anger. "Don't try to escape." He warned and let go. He turned his back to me and joined Henry in the grounds. I glared at him. How could he think that? How could he say that after what happened between us?

I found Jonah in his room and quickly grabbed him. I didn't know which place was safer so I opted to hide in Roarke's office. I closed the door behind us and ushered Jonah deeper in the room. A growl pierced the air and suddenly the door came down and two wolves came in, snarling furiously, jaws snapping in warning. I pushed Jonah behind me, as we backed away to the other side of the room.

"Everything's going to be fine." I said as I felt him tugged at my shirt. My eyes widened in panic as the other wolf started to charge at us. Jonah and I backed down, are backs pressed against the bookcase. Just then, Jonah slipped his hand from mine and grabbed a book. It was too sudden, one second we were about to be attack and the next, the bookshelf rotated swiftly with a mild whirr and we found ourselves in a dark place. I panted, my heart beat racing as dramatically as a deer being preyed by a predator. I looked around in relief - a secret passage.

"Thank God you know this place." I muttered, catching my breath.

"It was pure luck. I was not sure it was this book that will do it." Jonah said peering at the book he grabbed seconds ago. I ruffled his hair and smiled down at him. "Thanks to you we are safe." I looked around the room. It was pretty dark and yet I could make out the shape of torches lining the wall. Something felt eerily familiar with the place, an ugly suspicion rose in my mind and what Jonah said next confirmed my suspicion.

"I think we are in the dungeons Honey." He said innocently, peering at a fork on the left side. I held Jonah's hand in mine as we decided to take the path.

It was eerily quiet in the dungeons, the torches unlit and the only light that shown were from outside, streaming in between the steel bars.

"We need to get out of here" I said. An unfamiliar sound echoed off the walls. Jonah motion for me to be quiet. A low groan filled the silence. My heart beat started to race as we neared that sound.

"You traitor!" a voice resounded in outrage.

"Shut up! Who told you were going to save you? We came here to ensure your death, you useless f@cker!" another said. The sound of clothes ripping filled the silence, followed by a vicious growl and a scuffle that highlighted groans and whimper of pain.

I held in my breath as we stopped in front of Max's cell. It was wide open and inside was a brown wolf holding Max down. He was still chained but he was bloodied. There was a deep gash across his chest, even his face had claw marks in them. The rustic smell of blood invaded my senses. My eyes widened at the sight of the pool of blood surrounding him.

I quickly turned to Jonah and cupped his face between my hands. "Go. I don't want you to see this." He nodded and quickly went off. The warning growl from the brown wolf as its golden eyes followed Jonah made me grit my teeth.

Something inside me rebelled and beg to be released.

Give in, it chanted and I did. The change came swiftly, taking over my body. I bend down and closed my eyes, aware that I was shifting to an animal. My clothes started to be ripped apart. The pain was instantly binding but I gritted my teeth and endured. It was an intoxicating feeling, to know your mind is now occupied by two perspectives.

It was instinct that had me charging at the brown wolf. Giving it no chance to counter, my claws slashed at its face, my teeth sinking in its neck. The rush of blood in my mouth was gratifying but disgust came just as swiftly and I immediately released him and fell back. The brown wolf fell to its side with a whimper and then it went still.

The change back to human was quicker and I found myself, naked and cold. I looked down at my hands soaked with blood. Goosebumps rise on my skin as the metallic taste of blood made itself known. My hands started to tremble as I realized the enormity of what I just did. I killed again.

I closed my eyes tightly, trying to clear my mind. I summoned the courage to open them again. I went over towards the still unconscious Max and found out he was still alive but barely breathing.

I gasped in shock as his hand grasped mine. "P-please kill me." He rasped, the words coming out garbled because of the blood in his mouth. Tears pricked at my eyes and I shook my head.

"I am going to save you." I vowed and tried to help him up. He didn't weigh much, it was because he was almost skin and bones. I lead him outside where Jonah was waiting.

Tasha was there too, completely unscathed with Yuan in tow. One look at me and Max and she quickly ordered for a towel and medical attention.

"Thank you. I know you don't have to.."

She shushed me and gave me a smile. "I never told you but I am a doctor too. It's my job to save lives and Max's is our cousin anyway. "

My eyes widened. "A cousin? But he was a prisoner."

Tasha shook her head. "When this is over Roarke will have to tell you. Now let's make you a little more presentable." She pushed the hair away from my face.

I looked around. It seemed the chaos had died down already. Bodies were scattered everywhere. I shivered at the gruesome sight of blood all over the place.

Just then, the guards started to form a line on either side. The chatters, even the low groans seemed to stop completely at the sight of a group of men marching towards the house. I felt Tasha tense up and quickly stood, helping me up in the process. I secured the robe in my body, noting how the soldiers even at their most weakened state bow low in respect. The two men at the front were the most noticeable. Their stride confident and determined.

Both were middle-aged and the air of authority in them was hard to miss. The group stopped a feet away from us. Upon closer inspection, one man resembled Jonah too much. His blue eyes stared straight at mine as if he was reading every thought I have.

Roarke showed up on the other side, shirtless but unscathed. He gave a bow and his eyes flickered to mine.

I somehow feel reassured with his presence.

"So this is the girl?" the man who I think was Jonah and Roarke's father asked.

The other man with pale blue eyes smiled at me. "It's about time he did so Mason."

Mason merely grunted. "Hardly." He drew a sword from his side and pointed it at me.

"I am here to kill you."