Chapter 44

***Please comment if  you like me switching Povs. Enjoy**

(Jessica's pov)

What did Luke mean? Later? I thought he lost his shit! I don't understand at all. He better tell me right now... or later.

I sit in the room, looking around at nothing. Only one light is dangling from the ceiling.

I look in the corner and spot... a boy?

His black hair is greased down and his back is against the wall. He's in a sitting position with his head held down.

I cautiously walk over to him and bend over when I reach him.

"Hello?" I whisper as I crouch down in front of him. No answer.

I tilt his head up. His eyes are closed and his face has dried up blood stains.

I push his black hair behind his ears as I lay him on my lap.

His eyes open a bit. He groans in pain and instantly flips out of my arms when he sees my face. His bright blue eyes flash with fear, but soon soften as he only sees a girl, me.

"W-who are you?" He stutters and stands up.

"Jessica, I promise I won't hurt you." I say and hold my hands up.

He looks around my age, a bit older.

"How can I trust you?" He asks, walking towards me.

"Well, I'm trapped in a room with you and I don't have anything that could hurt you, I won't hurt you, I promise," I assure him moving closer.

His breathing slows as he moves closer. "Daniel." He introduces himself and extends his hand.

"Nice to meet you." I say shaking it.

"How'd you get here?" He asks me.

I sit down and motion him to sit down, too. He obeys and takes a seat in front of me.

"Well, I was at a party and Luke found me and basically kidnapped me," I tell him.

"Luke?" He replies, his eyes growing wide. "He is still alive."

"Yes, how do you know him?" I ask him curiously.

"He's my brother and that stupid old shit  ruined our family." He says.

"What do you mean?" I question him, begging for answers.

"He has our family. Luke is only doing this to protect them. Jessica, it's you! You can help!" He cries happily.

"You know me?" I ask him. Now that I think about it, he does look like Luke a bit.

"Mr.Shithead said that if we get you, he will set them free." He says picking me up.

"Wait hold up, you're going to ditch me and run away?" I ask. Does he care about me, too?

"No no. We will get you out, too! I can't believe it! He said he'd never give them back. I thought my family died!" He hugs me tightly. I really didn't do anything.

Luke walks in. "I see you met Dan." He smiles.

"Why didn't you tell me?" My head turns to Luke.

"I couldn't. They would have killed them if I said one thing." He puts his hands up in defense.

"So you never went insane?" I tilt my head.

He laughs an actually friendly laugh. "No, I had to act the whole time. There are no cameras in this room so we are good." He said.

I nod. My best friend actually never left me. "So you didn't mean to do all that stuff..." I trail off.

"Nope, sorry about shooting you." He jokes even though it's a serious topic.

I chuckle. "It's okay, some people just make mistakes." I joke.

"Some bigger then others." Dan remarks.

The laughter dies down. Now what." I scratch my neck.

"I don't know. We have to take out the guards." Luke tells us.

"Yeah, but don't they think you are on their side and why haven't they given our family back?" Dan questioned.

"They want to kill you, Jessica." Luke looks into my eyes.

I gasp, but didn't I already know that?
"Ohh." Is all I can simply say.

It stays silent for a couple of minutes. "Niall called your phone." Luke blurts out.

"You answered?" I ask him.

"Yes and I really need to tell you something." He says with serious eyes.

"Yes..." I wait for him to say.

"Jessica, I don't know how to put this..." We get interrupted.

"Well, well, well, you told her." Mr.Smith says while walking towards us.

** Cliffhanger! *evil laugh* haahahahahh. Anyway please read Castaway. Vote and comment!**