Chapter 39

The whole week of school has been better than I expected. I made a surprising amount of friends. I still don't know if I am excited or nervous for the party. My stomach has been doing flips ever since I heard about it. I still don't know what I am wearing there or what makeup I'm going to do. But this is part of college, trying new things and living life to the fullest.

"Jess, you don't look so well," Susan says over facetime.

"I'm fine, there is just a party tomorrow and I am kind of nervous." I tell her, taking another sip of my water bottle.

"Don't be nervous, it's just a party," she says. "Besides, I'm going to see you this week," she says.

"Right, anyway how is college for you?" I ask her, finishing the last sip of the bottle.

"It's okay, my roommate is fun," Susan tells me with no enthusiasm.

Just then another person starts calling me on FaceTime, an unknown caller.

"Susan, I'll call you back," I say hanging it up and answering the call. I'm all too familiar with unknown numbers. And the people behind those numbers, covering their tracks once they hang up. I hope this isn't one of those cases.

"Hi love!" The familiar Irish accent exclaims. My heart races, but for a better reason.

"Niall, oh my god, I miss you so much!" I happily squeal into the screen. I haven't seen him in like a week which isn't too long, but I still miss him like crazy.

"I miss you, too," he says, a smile spreading across his face.

"How's the tour?" I ask him.

"It's great, a lot of fun," he says happily.

"That's good. How are the boys?" I ask, smiling ear to ear.

"Why don't you see for yourself." He leaves for a second and next thing I see is all of them sitting on a couch.

"Hey Jess!" they shout in unison causing me to giggle. I'm just so overjoyed.

"Hi guys," I greet. I've missed all of them so much.

"How is everything?" Louis laughs.

"Great, I love college," I exclaim.

"That's good to hear!" Liam chirps, "Zayn and Perrie are engaged!" He adds. But what about Ziam? My heart hurts.

"Good for you, Zayn," I say causing Zayn to smile. It's a good thing Perrie is moving forward with her life after the incident.

Just then I hear someone off the camera. "Stop talking to her," they say just above a whisper.

They all have worried looks on their face. "We have to go," Harry says.

"W-" they already hang up before I can even say bye. I slam my laptop closed and place my face in my hands. Who was that? I get minimal time to talk to them, but I want more than five minutes.

The door opens revealing a tired Skyla.

"Who were you talking too?" She asks.

"The boys," I simply respond, smiling.

Her face lights up. "Do you mind if I talk to them one day?" She questions with excitement.

"Sure. I'm going to bed now," I tell her before placing my laptop on my nightstand and getting under the covers.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day.

"Hope you enjoyed. Vote and comment. ***