Chapter 11

"What do you mean. Luke dropped her off awhile ago," I tell her confused.

"No, she never came home. Jessica, where is my daughter!" She demanded, her voice cracking at the end. My heartbeat starts to increase.

"I'll tell you what I know okay, Mrs. Moore," I say attempting to stay calm.

"Please," she begs, urging me to tell her. I take a deep breath.

"Okay, Susan found out you guys were coming home soon, so she asked Luke to drive her. Luke said yes and they just left," I inform her, hoping the information helps her.

"Ask Luke what happened!" She frantically says. I hear her unsteady breaths through the phone.

"He's not here, but I'll find him. Don't worry Mrs. Moore," I assured her. I hope I sound more confident than I am. What if Mr. Smith has her? I can't lose another person, not now.

"Thank you, please call if something happens," she pleads. The call ends. Susan's missing.

"Jess, you okay?" A voice said from behind me, startling me. I let out a frustrated groan, throwing my phone to the ground. It doesn't break, though.

I turn around "Oh, hi Niall, you scared me," I say, grabbing my chest right on top of my heart.

He comes closer, "is something wrong?" He asks, inches away from me.

"Yes, everything's wrong. I don't know what to do!" I scream out.

"Hey look at me," he says putting his hand on my face, "it will work out. Now what happened?" He asks, his eyes full of worry. His eyes sparkle inhumanly. He's too perfect to be human.

"I-I got a call from Susan's mom. She's missing," I cry into his shoulder.

It was silent for awhile. I could tell he was thinking. "She will be found. Now let's go tell the police, okay?" He suggests, putting his hand on my back.

Liam charges in.

"Hey guys th- love what's wrong?" He questioned me. What the hell is happening. Liam narrows his eyes, giving me a confused look. Dang stop being sexy Liam, now is not the time.

Niall spoke. "Susan's missing."

His eyes widen, "love, we will find her. Let's go tell the cops, okay?"

The cops aren't solving crap, but maybe they will get it this time, although I'm doubtful.

"Okay," I agree, even though my thoughts are neutral. I pick up my phone again and place it into my pocket.

We walked back into my kitchen. Liam walks over to one of the officers. "One of Jess' friends is missing," I hear him tell the man. The officer walks over to me.

"Wasn't she supposed to stay here?" He questioned me like it's my fault.

"Y-yes, but she heard her parents were coming home, so my friend Luke said he'd drive her," I answered, my voice shaky.

"Okay, where's Luke right now?" The officer asks in a calm tone.

"I don't know," I honestly reply. He nods and turns on his heels to speak with the others.

I could her more cops and an ambulance outside. The neighborhood is probably wondering what in the world would make so many cops show up. The officer came back.

"We will continue to look for your parents and Susan. Here's the plan, we are taking him," The officer starts, pointing to Mr.Smith, "to the hospital and then to jail. We will get back to you when he will have his sentencing, alright?" The officer explains.

"Okay." It's seems like that's the only thing I can say. I'm praying it's that simple.

"One more thing, I think you should get out of the state. None of them can find you that way," he suggests.

I nod my head, "I'll think about."

He went back to his circle of cops. They talked again for a little bit then took the thing out of my house. They also cleaned the blood up so that's one more thing I didn't have to do. No more drama in the house at least.

I decided to call Luke. I grab my phone and dial in his number. The phone picks up on the third beep.

"Hi L-" I started to say.

"This is Luke, I can't talk to you right now. Leave a message after the tone..." The voicemail says.

I guess I have to leave a message. "Hey Luke, Susan's missing. I thought you dropped her off at the house. Call me back, bye." I say into the phone, disappointingly putting it down again. All these questions, but no answers.

"Did he answer?" Niall asks coming from behind me.

I shake my head, "No, what's wrong with him?" I think aloud.

"I don't trust that lad, he just seems odd," Niall says wrapping his arms around my waist, making my heart jump out of my chest.

"He was never like this. It's weird. Maybe he has some problems in his family right now," I say, trying to defend my friend. He's probably one of the only people I trust, but Niall does have a point.

"Maybe, so are you gonna move out of the state?" Niall wonders, changing the subject.

"Probably, but where?"

Niall's face glows, "You can stay with the lads and I!" He says excitedly.

I let out a small chuckle, "Niall, I know you feel bad for me, but we just met like what, a few hours ago," I tell him, even though I want to take the offer so badly.

"Yeah, I know. I was trying to lighten the mood," he shrugs.

I smile at him, "thanks for the offer," I politely say.

Just then my phone starts to vibrate. I take it out of pocket and press answer.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone. I don't even bother to look at the caller ID.

"It's Susan, please, I need help."

My eyes widen as my heart speeds up once again, "where are you?" I ask frantically.

"Phil's. Listen to me you can't trust...." She doesn't get to finish before the phone disconnects.

"Susan," I plead into the phone, but there's no answer, just static.

"Is everything alright?" Niall asks, looking into my eyes.

"We gotta go to Phil's now!" I say grabbing Niall's hand and dragging him into the kitchen.

"Why?" He questions me, looking for answers.

"Susan's there! Get the other boys I'm starting the car!" I say grabbing the keys to the car.

I jump in the car and start it. I see the other boys running to it. Liam holding a cup of tea that he drops all over the car. Now I have tea and broken glass in my car. I groan loudly.

"Sorry about that love," He says picking up the glass giving me a small smile. He chucks the glass out of the car.

"It's alright, let's just get to Phil's!"

Harry's driving and Louis in the passenger's seat. I'm behind Harry's seat and I have Niall next to me. Liam and Zayn are in the back.

Phil's here we come.

** if you enjoyed comment and vote.

Questions

1. Who do you want Jess to be with?

2. Should Susan have a bf?

3. Do you still like Luke?