Chapter 128

May 20, 1984

- Freddie's POV -
John decided that we would go back down to the cabin because Jude had never been there. He said that going down there was like a little tradition- whenever our kids were babies, we always took them down to the cabin.

My husband stayed up all night because he was packing for all of us, one could say that he was very excited...

"Freddie, it's cabin day!" He giggled when he woke up. "Oh, good morning, Maxwell." He smiled at the child that was sitting on my lap- Maxwell had a nightmare so he woke me up at 5:30am and he came to stay in my bed, him and I read almost a dozen books and we gave up on trying to sleep.

"Mornin', daddy." Maxwell patted John's head then he went back to sounding out whatever Dr. Seuss book we were on.

"What are you two reading?" The younger man asked after he sat up. "Answer that when I get back." He nodded when Jude's crying rang through the monitor.

Maxwell closed the book and he put it on the bed then he turned so his bare belly was against mine.

"What are you doing?" I whispered into his hair when he rested his little head on my chest. "Are you sleepy?" I asked while he rubbed his face against my chest hair.

"L'il bit." The little boy nodded. "But I don't wanna have another nightmare." He whispered.

"Can you tell me what your nightmare was about?" I asked, quietly, while I tickled his back.

"Um, you and daddy were fightin' then-then a T-Rex came through the roof and-and he eated both of you! Sissy J started crying in her swing so I ran to get her but the T-Rex was chasin' me. I saved sissy but then the T-Rex caught up and he eated us!" His little body was actually trembling under my hands- it must've been scary for him.

"It's okay, it's okay, baba's here." I cooed when he started crying. "Don't cry, baby, there's no dinosaurs here." I kissed his head and he rubbed his face against my chest- he always did that because the hair was, as he said, very soft. "Look, sissy's here, she's okay." I ran my fingers through Maxwell's hair when John brought the baby into the room.

"Hey, what's going on in here?" John asked when he sat on the bed. "Why are we crying?" He cooed.

"He told me about his nightmare." I frowned at John then I took the baby from him. "Here, hold your sister." Maxwell sat between my legs so this back was against my belly then I laid Jude down so her back was on his lap.

Maxwell wiped his eyes and nose with the bed sheet- um, ew- then he kissed Jude's peach fuzz covered forehead. I moved one of his hands so it was tucked under her head then he put his other one on his belly.

"You're so pretty, sissy." The little boy smiled down at the baby and Jude smiled back up at him.

"She likes it when you call her pretty." John laughed while he tickled Jude's bare foot.

"Hello, pretty sissy." He laughed when Jude smiled again. "I think she has a really nice smile, baba." He looked up at me and I nodded.

"It'll be really, really cute when she starts to get some teeth. They'll be really tiny and they should be coming through in a few months." I smiled while I placed small kisses on Maxwell's head.