Chapter 97

September 6, 1983

- John's POV -

Freddie and I were awake at 5:30 to finish the packing for our honeymoon- my husband wasn't looking forward to going, sadly.

"Do we have to go all the way to Ibiza, Johnny?" Freddie asked, quietly, while he sat on the end of the bed.

"We've had this trip planned for a while now, Freddie. Do you need me to do anything to make you feel better?" I stood in front of my husband and I grabbed his hands.

"Can you go and get Maxwell for me? I really need to hold my baby before I leave him for a week." The older man whimpered.

I kissed my husband's head then I walked across the hall to our son's room. I walked over to the little bed and I pulled the blankets off of the child to wake him up:

"Maxie, let's go to daddy's room." I moved the child into a sitting position and he wrapped his arms around my neck. "There we go, that's a good boy." I grunted when I stood up- he was heavy when he was asleep. 

Maxwell wrapped his legs around my waist and he clung to me like a monkey while I walked back to the bedroom. When I walked into the room, Freddie moved back so he was against the headboard and he stuck his arms out.

"Oh, he's so precious." Freddie cooed when I put the sleeping child in his arms. "Can he come on the honeymoon with us?" He asked.

"No, he can't come because honeymoons are for the newlyweds- not the newlyweds and their son." I laughed. "It's only for a week- we'll be home in no time." I smiled then I grabbed his hand.

Freddie and I watched as Maxwell slept. The child looked so peaceful and comfortable against Freddie's chest.

We watched, silently, for almost an hour then Maxwell started smacking his lips. The child brought a small fist up to his eyes and he rubbed them until they opened.

"Good morning, sleepy baby." Freddie kissed the child's head. "How was your sleep?"

"Not good." Maxwell frowned and I raised an eyebrow at him. "Daddy and baba are goin' on a bacation today." He crossed his arms and continued to pout.

"Oh, John." Freddie whimpered and I shook my head.

"Quit it, you two." I laughed. "Maxwell- baba and I will only be gone for a little while. You'll get to play with Phoebe and Terry, it will be so much fun and Terry will get to sleep over every single night. Freddie- we'll finally get to have some time alone. It'll be very warm in Ibiza and we'll get to be very, very active with no interruptions." I smiled. "Are we okay now?" I looked at my boys and they both nodded.

"How come sissy J gets to go on the bacation with you?" The child yawned and he nuzzled against Freddie's chest.

"Well, your sister and I are a little stuck together at the moment so I can't really leave her behind." Freddie smiled while our son patted the little baby bump. "Are you going to miss your sister?" 

"Lots and lots." The child hummed. "Auntie Dom said that your tummy is going to get big like hers. Can you make sure that it doesn't get very big while you're gone?" He asked and Freddie nodded with a small laugh.

I got off of the bed and I finished packing while Maxwell started to have a conversation with his unborn sister. Freddie would look up at me with puppy eyes and I would shake my head, every time- Maxwell was not coming on our honeymoon. I loved the kid but I also needed to love my husband.

--

Freddie and I got Maxwell ready for school and he was very emotional before Terry came to pick him up: