Chapter 108

December 2, 1983

- Freddie's POV -
Maxwell got weird after Terry's birthday party- he was throwing tantrums and using baby objects again (sippy cups and soothers). He almost stopped using words completely and sometimes he would wet himself just because- he was trying to be the baby again.

John's grandma passed away the day after Terry's birthday and he was leaving for the weekend- he had to go to the funeral which meant Maxwell and I would be on our own for a weekend.

"Are you sure that you don't want me to come with you?" I asked while I helped John pack his suit.

"You're seven months pregnant, darling. You can't be travelling and I don't know how my family would be with you." My husband sighed. "I'll be fine for the weekend- Phoebe is coming with me so I'll be very well taken care of." He smiled.

"But it's getting cold out and I'll be cold in our bed." I groaned.

"I thought that you would say that so I dug your old best friend out and you can use him for the weekend." The younger man smirked then he walked to the closet.

"Is that..?" I laughed when he took Alfonzo, the old body pillow, out of the closet.

"You'll have a cuddle buddy for the weekend but as soon as I get home, it's going back into the closet." He gave me the pillow and I set it on the bed.

"You know what, John? She was practically my grandma too, we loved each other. I really should be coming with you." I nodded while I grabbed a duffle bag from the closet.

"You've met her once, Freddie, when we first started dating back in like '78. Please tell me which grandma it was." My husband laughed when I couldn't tell him the name of the woman. "What did Maxwell and I call her?" He asked while he closed his suitcase.

"Ummm, nana?" Maxwell called Lillian nana which meant John probably called one of his grandmothers nana.

"Wrong! Grandma, you dummy, I've been saying it all morning. Nana passed away a long while ago." The younger man said while we walked down the stairs.

"You... Why'd you call me a dummy, you ass?" I lowered myself onto the couch and I stared at John while tears started to fill my eyes.

"I'm terribly sorry, love- I never mean to hurt your feelings." John sat beside me and he straddled me moments later. "Listen: I'll be home on the fourth and you'll have Maxwell to keep you company. Sure, he's acting like a baby right now but he's fine if you cradle him and talk to him." He smiled. "Are you still mad at me?" He cooed while he gently rubbed the top of my bump.

"Take me with you and I won't be mad." I chuckled, softly.

John shook his head as no so I cupped his cheeks with my hands and I slowly kissed him. I pushed my tongue out and John opened his mouth for me. Phoebe walked into the living room with his suitcase- pretending not to notice our little snogging session.

"Christ- Freddie, you're killing me." John moaned while he started to rut his crotch against mine.

"Nope, none of that. We're going right now or else the next funeral that you'll be attending is mine- your mother will kill me if you show up late and with a boner." Phoebe groaned then he pulled John off of me.

I said goodbye to my husband one more time then I watched from the front door as him and Phoebe drove away. When the car was out of sight, I went back inside and I went upstairs.

"Maxwell, sweetheart, it's time to get up for school." I cooed while I gently nudged my son awake.

John and I decided that I would wake Maxwell up after John and Phoebe were gone- we didn't need a tantrum before school.